Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Enjoy.

Emily's POV

Why did he do that?

Why?

If he really wanted to be with her then why did he acted like that in front of me.

He could have told me.

It's not like I would have forced him to stay with me.

I don't fucking understand anything.

I am sad.

I am hurt.

I am angry.

I am heartbroken.

All these questions are bugging me.

I told him thousand times that we could co-parent. Everyone does it nowadays. But he wanted the 'best' for his son. Yeah, the best which includes cheating on his fiance.

That's totally healthy.

Everything was just fine till yesterday. What happened?

I wonder how long since this has been happening. Since the engagement party or since we even met again.

I didn't want to cry but the tears kept streaming. I wiped them away. Brandon and I were walking in the garden. "Mom are you crying?" He asked innocently.

I bent down to his eye level and hugged him. My life. "I love you." I whispered to him.

He then started playing with hid things that were scattered on the grass. His life is so easy.  I want my life to be like his. No worries. Being older is overrated anyways.

"Kat keep an eye on brandon. I am going to my room." I said to his babysitter.

I was walking to my room but them somehow ended up in Daniel's room. I looked around. His room fits his personality.

Dark.

I stopped when I spotted a frame on the bedside. I took it in my hands and looked at it closely. It was a picture of him, me and brandon. He had brandon in his arms. Both of them were smiling and I was looking at the camera smiling.

Overall it was a beautiful picture.

I put it back. What is it doing here? Why did he put it here? Why is he doing this? I bet he wanted to put bianca's picture. Even the mere thought of her made my blood boil.

Just when I started thinking that life was going great.

I went back to my room and layed down on my bed thinking about my pitiful life.

That's why I don't trust on anyone. My brother did that to me. How could I even think that Daniel would be any better. Both had hurt me in the worst ways possible.

But I would never compare daniel with toby. Toby was an animal and Daniel..I don't know. He is great one minute or should I say he acts great and then he breaks my heart.

I am so pathetic.

I have always thought that cheating is the worst thing that a person can do to his partner. But I never knew that it would be in my fate.

The images of him doing it with bianca came to my mind and I had to stop myself from screaming.

I don't want to stay here! Why am I still even here? I should fucking run away from here. But I am tired! I am tired of always running. Leaving everything behind. Running from my problems because I can't face them. First from tony and then daniel and now again?

No.

I won't run away. I should start to learn to face my problems. I can't keep running away from everything.

I don't know hen or how I slept but I was happy that at least I was blacked out of this cruel reality. I looked at the clock and saw that it is six. Daniel comes at home around seven usually.

That means that I still have one hour.

I went to the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was in a bun. My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. My eyes looked sad. I have always been the person who couldn't mask their emotions. Once you look in my eyes, you will tell how I am feeling.

I closed my eyes. Everything will be alright. I whispered to myself.

I took a nice long bath and then wore some comfortable clothes. I looked and felt better. After applying some concealer on my eyes. I went down.

I stopped when I saw brandon sleeping on the floor with his toys scattered all around him in front of the t.v.

I picked him up from the floor in my arms

I picked him up from the floor in my arms. Where is kat? I couldn't see her around. I just sat on the couch with brandon sleeping in my arms peacefully. I didn't want to put him in the bed yet. I want to be with him.

I softly ran my hand up and down his head. He was sucking his thumb in the sleep. I hope this habit goes away.

Just then daniel entered. Looking at him made me want to cry. I blinked back the tears. I don't want to cry in front of him. He made his way towards us. He placed a gentle kiss on brandon's head and moved towards me but I turned my head away,

He noticed it but didn't say anything.

"How was your day?" He asked after a while of sitting down. Usually I am the one who asks that.

My day?

At first I didn't reply but then I slowly said. "Fine." He nodded his head.

Tired of sitting quitely. I decided to put brandon in the bed. He might not be so comfortable in my arms. I tucked him in the bed with pillows around him for protection.

Arms were wrapped around me from behind and I jumped startled. But the scent that engulfed me told me it was daniel. I wanted nothing more to do then stay like this but I wiggled and got out of his arms.

"Emily. Is everything alright?" He asked as he turned me around.

No! I wanted to shout at him.

"Yeah. Why won't be?" I asked coldly. He hesitated but nodded anyway.

"So should we go down for dinner. I am quite hungry?" He said and I nodded. I am hungry too so why not.

We went down and the dinner was already set on the table for us. I sat down and put some on my plate and ate it.

"How was your work today?" I asked as I put a spoonful in my mouth.

"It was alright as usual." He said shrugging.

I hummed. "Did something special happen?" I asked further.

He looked at me suspiciously and answered. "No."

We didn't talk during the dinner as we usually do. I can tell the questions swarming around his head but he didn't ask. I am thankful for that.

"So when is the wedding coming?" He asked out of the blue. I choked on my food.

"I am not marrying you!"

*****