Chapter 18

Black clouded my vision, my body felt like it was floating in space; weightless. But it was all over and I was falling hard towards something I didn't want to be.

*****

It was the most excruciating pain I'd ever experienced. Everything in me was breaking, my broken shattered bones being forced from their joints, tendons stretching and tearing. All I could do was lay there on the cold damp floor and scream till my throat was raw.

The next thing I remember was laying there my vision slowly clearing and seeing paws. Frowning I squinted down at the furry appendages and went to move away from them when they ended up following me.

'What?' I questioned on the verge of freaking out as I was staring down the nose of a canine snout, not a human one.

'Am I a... dog?'

This wasn't possible, was it?

"Seems like someone's awake" I snapped my head towards the voice in the room and saw Mistress sitting on my cot with a chain in her hand.

"I've been waiting so patiently for you to finish here." Standing she walked over to me her heels clicking against the stone floor.

Finish? What was she talking about?

"Come along" with that she walked out of the door and suddenly I was pulled off my feet and dragged across the ground. There was a burning starting around my neck as something closed tightly at my throat. With a whimper, I struggled against her suddenly realizing she had me leashed to that chain in her hands.

Why did it burn so much!

Choking I clawed at the chain its self but only ended up with a burn that singed my hand... paw? So I clawed at the floor instead, trying to gain my footing again but it was no use she was walking too fast and I was just knocked down again.

I just about had it when a deep rumbling growl was forced out of my mouth shocking me still. But I hadn't fazed the mistress in the slightest. I was harshly yanked, the chain cutting my air, as I slammed into the wall so hard I think a heard something break.

I gave a yelp of agony.

"Be a good boy now" Mistress said through gritted teeth and I knew from experience that was never a good thing.

"Looks like we need to teach you some manners" she continued to talk as I was dragged painfully across the filthy floor.

"Pets are never supposed to growl at their masters."

Then after what feels like a lifetime, we arrived at a giant silver door.

"This is your new room, unfortunately, I can't be the one to train you since I have important business to attend to but I leave you in capable hands." She crouched down to get at my level. She was always put together so neatly it made me sick. She had always made me dress her before this pain in my muscles had started resulting in what I had turned into. She had to always be dressed in what she called a pantsuit which consisted of black skin-tight dress pants or a pencil skirt, a jacket with a white blouse underneath or a waistcoat. Her hair was always up in a neat ponytail or bun, and her lips were always painted red.

I hated it, I hated dressing her. Being forced to touch her made me violently ill. And now she was inches from my face and I had a strong urge to lean out and bite her face off.

"Oh look at that expression, if I didn't know any better I think you wanted to hurt me mutt." She narrowed her eyes at me and smiled. Standing up straight she knocked of the door and glanced down at me once more.

"When I get back you better be like a well-trained lapdog because if I have to be told that you were being difficult while I was away..." she paused and glared down at me hard to the point I physically shrank back. "I'll make what you're about to experience look like child's play."