46

Luca

My hands shaking with fear, my head throbbing, my lip stinging as the skin ripped with the impact of her fist. I throw that to the back of my mind and think about now, right now. Standing and waiting, hoping everything goes to plan. I need it to.

It took me until a few hours ago, to realize that I was being a fool. To think I could ever live without her, I couldn't let her go with her at least knowing I am unconditionally and permanently in love with her.

So, I found Darcy on Facebook and I messaged her, asking her what time they were going to be here, at the airport. She wasn't even hesitant, she told me to be here. I know she doesn't want to get involved but, she also knows how desperate I am.
I bite my bottom lip regretting it instantly, the cut reminding me of what happened today. I went over to see Kiara, I had to tell her the truth.

I apologised and apologised but she still hit me, which I deserved. She knew who Rose was, she wasn't stupid. When I told her the truth, that I needed to see Rose, that I wanted to be with Rose. She flipped, throwing anything she could get a hand on, smashing up vases and a couple of plates.

I feel bad, but I knew at some point in my life, if it wasn't the past couple of days, it might have been in a few years or sooner. I would have figured it out, that I needed to be with her again.

I needed her to let me love her like I should've done from the beginning. I have seriously cocked up everything since meeting Rose, I have been so blind and stupid. How has it taken me so long to come to my senses and really tell her I love her. I should never have left for New York, why didn't I go back to London sooner? Why have I let this run on for too long? I watch as the doors open and more people come walking in with their bags and suitcases.
I can't take it. I need to see her, I need her. I look down as my phone vibrates in my hand.

Messenger [From: Darcy] Getting out of the taxi now, good luck!

My throat closes as I read the message again, putting my phone into my back pocket I look back up to the automatic doors. Which one is she coming through? I scan between the two doors until I see her approaching.
Her blonde hair straight, hanging over her shoulders, wearing an oversized sweatshirt and black leggings with Blue New Balance trainers. She looks so beautiful, I take a deep breath as the doors open. All three of them step inside the busy airport, she looks so tired and conflicted.

Darcy clocks onto me first, her face sad and worried but she gives me a reassuring smile, the smile to tell me its time. I take a couple of steps, trying not to falter as I walk over. She's looking around the airport, her face straight but her eyes holding so much emotion. I want to know what she's feeling. Why she looks so lost.

"Rose." Her head snaps up and her eyes meet mine instantly, her cheeks flush red as she takes me in.

"What are you doing here? What happened to your lip?" She asks, stepping closer. My heart drumming in my chest. Don't fuck this up Luca. Stop being a coward and fucking tell her.

"I'm fine, I had to see you, I need to tell you something." I whisper, taking a few deep breaths. Her face full of surprise, can she see how rough I look. How tired and stressed I have been for days. I'm willing to give this life up for her. Chloe and Darcy are standing a few feet behind her, watching with curious eyes.

"Okay?" She answers me, I can see she's hesitant, maybe even a little scared.

"I'm sorry that I fucked up, I'm sorry that I left you and you had to go through shit with Wayne." I feel sick, I feel faint and I'm ready to pass out. I can't stand the thought of her rejection, but it wouldn't surprise me if she does.