Chapter 9

A/N hi I'm back #randomupdateschedule

Reader's P.O.V

I shook myself awake. I had heard of stories and seen movies where it took a few seconds for someone to remember what had happened after waking up, but my behaviours came crashing down on me immediately. The power, the pain, the agonising bonds that kept me from helping my friends. I tested myself, raising my hands and feeling my surroundings; a webbed hammock. A wash of déjà vu flowed over me for a quick second before I struggled to sit up in the slightly sticky bed.

Before me stood Peter, facing away from me. He was staring aghast at the view – Tony held with a knife in his chest, facing down the huge purple Titan. He screamed before rushing over to help, and I slipped out of the hammock, following slyly behind him. I was still too powerful to what I normally was, but I knew one thing; I was not letting that evil grape hit me with another beam of energy.

I knelt down behind a large boulder nearby, listening in on the short conversation. I was tempted to run out and slap Strange when he handed over the stone, but before I could, Thanos raised his gauntlet again towards my friend's mentor.

"I'm sorry Strange. You're respectable, but he's too much of a threat."

I took now to jump out.

My hands flew upwards, bringing up  barrages of rock and debris with them. They flew out at the beam of multicoloured light, intercepting it before it struck the man before Thanos. It took all I had – I was straining with the weight of protecting Tony Stark. But my new strength allowed me to hold my ground, and eventually the beam cut off again.

"You won't hurt him!" I screamed as Thanos once again realised my presence.

"Child, you can't have input on the situation-"

"How dare you!" I cried back in his face before hitting him with yet another armoury of attacks. Strange took the chance and joined me while Peter helped Stark back onto his feet. We were finally causing serious damage, until the Titan decided to exit the fight.

"I got what I came for," he said with a sly grin. The space stone glowed with a pale blue light, and before I could prevent it, Thanos escaped through a dark portal.

"Damn it!" Strange cursed. I stood in shock before turning again to check on Tony and Peter.

"Are you ok? Are you healed enough?" I asked, a plan formulating in my head as I barked out the sentences.

"For what?" Tony countered. He was managing to stand after using his technology to heal his wound. As he waved Peter off, I realised just how much of a genius the man before me actually was – the stab had barely made a dent in him after he cleaned it up. This, fortunately, answered my question for me.

"I feel more of a connection to him after all that," I began. "He's gone to Earth; he's going to get the mind stone from Wakanda."

Strange nodded at me in understanding before standing back and producing an orange portal, leading to grassy plains already stained with blood. I glanced one last time over my shoulder at the others who had joined us, but they were in no position to fight.

"The Guardians of the Galaxy must know the galaxy well enough to get home to wherever they live, right?" I asked a general audience.

"They aren't going to have much choice, let's go!" Strange said, gesturing towards the portal again. The time we had waited had given Tony's suit enough time to exchange some Nanobots with Peter's. Both of the men's helmets/masks closed in on them, and altogether we jumped down into the portal.

———oof here come my mans———

Steve's P.O.V (ha, yeah, new person who u weren't expecting. It's gonna be a short one sorry)

The outriders just kept coming. Sure, Thor has helped incredibly, but it just want enough. We were beginning to push the army back, but it seemed like an endless stream of monsters kept pouring from the ships. We needed to destroy Thanos's children before they could do anymore real damage, but we just couldn't get close quick enough with the army approaching so rapidly. We would need a small miracle, but I was afraid that after Thor our luck had run out.

I was so wrong – I know, it happens. Just as things were turning downhill one more time, a glowing orange portal opened out from about 20 foot up in the sky. The battle stilled to find out: who's friend and who's foe was arriving? I felt my grin stretch wide as out came four people.

First was the Spider-boy I fought at the airport; I remember him being from Queens. Next was a person I hadn't seen before. They were glowing with a brilliant violet light, dust circling their feet as they hovered just up from the ground. After, a wizard? A man floated in with a huge red cape, hands glowing bright orange with power. And finally was the person we'd needed from the very start.

Earth's best defender: Tony Stark.