Chapter 1

A/N: Before you read, please make sure that you know that this is the 2nd book in my Vampire's Pet series and that you should read that before you read this.

Nico's POV:

I quietly walked through the floor underneath Lord Bronwyn's.

The floor that I knew he held all of his things.

At least I hoped that he still kept it all here.

I didn't want to have to go to plan B if the slave I was looking for wasn't where I hoped he was

My grip tightened on the plastic bag in my hand, taking in a deep breath through my mouth.

I had to inhale from my mouth to spare the stinging sensation I would get if I were to catch a whiff of the item in this bag.

I had to make sure I had something that would throw off any vampires sense of smell if they were to try to track down the boy I was trying to grab.

So I took one of my towels and soaked it in a special mix of products and chemicals that I knew would do just that.

I paused before turning into a hallway, peaking back to make sure nobody was around.

It was early enough that Bronwyn's shitty guards weren't out and doing their job yet.

So I continued down into the hall.

This was usually where Bronwyn kept everything when it came down to his personal slaves.

Including the ones that were being punished.

Except those got their own room.

A room that Bronwyn designed himself with all of his sadistic ideas.

I spotted the room in question, Its chrome door standing out against the others.

The door wasn't the only thing that made that room different from the others

I paused as I approached it, hoping now more than ever that the boy I wanted was inside.

I placed my hand on the handle, testing it.

It was locked.

But that was just to make sure that whatever human was in there couldn't get out.

So, I turned it harder until the lock broke, letting the door turn open into the pitch black room.

I froze in shock as I saw the figure inside, several different smells stinging my senses in the split second that I allowed myself to smell.

Blood, salt water, and chemicals.

The boys blue eyes snapped to look at where I was, squinting from the sudden light but looking fearful nonetheless.

His wrists were bound together by iron cuffs, heald above his head by the chain that was attached to the stone ceiling.

His breaths were ragged and labored, trembling as much as his body was.

It was obvious that even standing was difficult for him, but the binds on his wrists restricted him from doing anything else.

He had bruises covering every part of his body that I could see, which was a lot given the fact that he was only wearing a shredded, bloodstained pair of shorts.

I could see the drips of the dried mix of saltwater and blood running down his cut up back all the way down to his calves, creating a mostly dried pool of mixed liquids at the boy's feet.

The salt water was supposed to help clean and close the wounds inflicted but also doubled as a punishment in of itself because if the intense stinging it caused on an open wound.