42.Illusions

"Nora! Bring the IV drop." I said to the nurse and checked the patient vitals.

"No.Not the injection. They are..." The patient who was the girl  in her late teens yell with scared looked and teary eyes.

"Ms.Ryon you don't need to be scared. She will do it without causing any pain. Just lay down." I tried to clam her and made her lay down on the bed.

"No, no please. Uh...can you ask my boyfriend to come over? He might be somewhere around the reception." She pleaded with a puppy eyes and I asked Nora to call him.

"Look I have asked to call him and now I need to inject you. You're weak and you shouldn't speak much. This will help you to sleep soundly." I tried to reason out to inject her but she started crying like a child.

I do not want to inject her with a force but if she didn't take the IV then her condition will get worse so I was about to inject her when a hand harshly pull me away and I stumbled upon Nora who caught me at the right moment.

"Doctor, are you okay?" Nora asked me with a concern look and I nodded my head regaining my composure.

"D-Derek! What have you done?" I hear the girl yell at her boyfriend who seemed to be some type of gangster with a bulky body, tattoos and piercings on his face and visible areas and the blood shot red eyes but look slightly mature than her.

"Seren, baby. Are you okay? Did she made you cry?" The boy said with a venomous glare at me and I shivered with the amount of hatred shone in his eyes.

"No! She is the doctor and how could you push her?" The girl name Seren get mad at her boyfriend and the boy sigh glaring at Nora and me.

"Excuse me. And Nora pass the IV. Now her boyfriend is here she wouldn't have any problem." I ignored the guy's menacing glare and pass by him to inject her.

This time the girl didn't protest nor winced when the syringe made contact but let a single drop of tear to fall off her eyes.

And that one sound of her made the boy violent and again his hand was on my arm with a harsh grip but he got pull away by someone else.

"Man! This is hospital and if you don't want your girl to be treated here then you shouldn't have bring her here. She was just doing her job and you were assaulting her." Bell shouted at him gaining other people attention.

"Doctors work is to treat patients not to make them cry. Can't you see she was hurting her?" The boy said with a pain voiced looking worriedly at his girl who was feeling sleepy due to the medicine.

"If we get sick then we will feel pain. And look that little pain help her to feel better." Bell retorted giving me a concerned look and glare at the boy.

"Still..." The boy was raising his voice which was causing the sound pollution disturbing the other patient so I interrupt him.

"Seren! You should sleep now and few hours later we will come to check on you. And Derek call her parents." I ordered making him more pissed but before he could creat another scene I pull Bell away from the emergency room and walk towards the cafe ignoring her protest to let go.

"Relax Bell. He was just looking out for his girl." I said with a bored tone and left her hand when we were alone at the hallway.

"No! That rude boy should be punished. How could he push you? And you didn't even protest! What's the matter choco?" Bell asked in a concerned voice and made me to turn towards her.

"He love her so much that he couldn't see her hurt. That's why I didn't retorted and I'm okay." I mentally roll my eyes when stare at me searching for my eyes to detect the lie.