Chapter 26: Soothing pains? Soothing broken hearts?

Chase

"They've arrived" Edward yells out from the foyer.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath before slowly heading from the upper landing to the hallway to greet the boss and unfortunately Bella. My heart sank when I found out that he got her back in his grasp. I really hoped she would be able to escape him and escape this life. She didn't belong in this world. She didn't deserve to be dragged into a world full of pain, danger and violence. She deserved to live her life to the fullest surrounded by people she loved. However, she was spotted and ensnared by the cruelest of men. I dread to think about the state she is in when she gets back here. James is ruthless, even to those he claims he loves. He doesn't love her, he only loves having control over her. He only lusts after her.

Why couldn't he lust over a damn gold digger instead of her.

Drifting down the stairs I joined the group of men and straighten my jacket and stand tall eager to see Isabella's beautiful blue eyes again.

Suddenly the door bursts open and James stomps in. His face was paler than usual and had a vacant look in his eye. He took one cold glance at us before turning back to the door waiting for her.

Seconds felt like hours, the nerves were kicking in and upon seeing James' demeanor I feared it had something to do with Bella.

A light sound of heels tapping against the floor caused me to lift my eyes up from the floor to see who that sound belonged to. The click of the heels on the floor got louder and louder and as the heels eventually stopped I fully glanced up to see who was in front of me.

Oh my god.

It was Isabella, but it didn't look like her. I've never cried over a woman, but I quickly clenched my eyes shut refusing to let out the single tear that almost fell without my permission. I felt like screaming, shouting, killing and then scooping Isabella up in my arms and shielding her away from this monster, away from this life.

She stared out into the beautiful home emotionlessly. Her eyes once held innocence and gentleness were now cold, empty and tired. I didn't want to look anywhere except her eyes. I didn't want to look at the marks and bruises that covered her body. He had really hurt her.
Her neck was covered in dark bruises. Not even her soft smooth skin could be soon for her new skin were bruises. I knew they were hickeys from their shape, but my eyes didn't miss the fingerprint marks on the side of her neck.

I'll kill that bastard for hurting her. I can't stand this any longer.

Her red and sunken in eyes began tearing up and releasing small pearl like tears cascading down her beautiful face and running down her slender neck and into the crevice of her top.

"Chase".

James' voice echoed through the silent house startling everyone back out of their thoughts and refocusing on the current situation. Looking up at James his gaze was still staring off into the distance refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"Take my wife upstairs into her room and stand outside and guard her door".

Looking between the both of them I nodded my head at them but neither of them noticed.

"Yes boss". I edged closer towards Bella and cleared my throat hoping that she would simply take herself upstairs rather than me having to force her to come with me. Bella stared up at me with fear tinting her eyes and flinched slightly as I reached my hand out towards her. Reassuring her with my eyes, I bring my arm back by my side and nod slightly. Bella gazed at James who was leaning against the wall looking up at the ceiling. She trembled slightly before looking to the direction of her bedroom and slowly walked up the steps, her legs shaking slightly on every step.