Chapter 31: Locks

"Silence is the key to the locks of loudness."
                                            - Anthony Liccione

Jimin's golden eyes went wide as your words began to swim in his mind, his head immediately beginning to shake in disapproval.

"Absolutely not," His voice boomed. "Tearing down that wall is a bad idea, not to mention it's extremely off course from The Dark Forest."

You frowned, blue eyes glancing over to Yoongi momentarily.

"I know that...but I want to help. If that wall is what's causing these people to starve then I want to be able to help them."

Jin released a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"As much as I hate to say it," He started "Jimin is right y/n. Tearing down that wall requires a dragon, and the dragons won't come peacefully."

You took a step forward, your head held high.

"His people are going hungry," you argued as your finger pointed towards the raven haired king. "And your people are going hungry," you said as you moved your gaze to Jimin. "If bringing down that wall is the only way to stop this madness.....Then I'll do it."

Yoongi advanced towards you, a sharp look in his eye.

"I don't think you understand the situation," He stated. "Going to the wall will kill you."

You frowned.

"You don't know that, there may be a way to tear it down without-"

"There isn't." Yoongi interrupted.

You took a step closer towards him.

"But there could be, maybe if Namjoon used some kind of-"

"Do you not think I have considered that?!" Yoongi suddenly screamed, causing you to jump. "I have tried to bring down that cursed wall my whole life! I have tried everything you could possibly think of and there is no other way y/n!"

You stared at him with wide eyes, your heart thrumming loudly as you watched his chest heave from his rant.

Your mind began to wander back to your previous life, the life before you were transported to this new world that was filled with magic and danger. You missed your family. You missed them more than you could say, they were your everything, they supported you through thick and thin...you never got to say goodbye to your mother....but you couldn't leave this place. At least not yet. You wanted to believe that you were brought here for a purpose, a destiny greater than anything you could've imagined and although you missed your home.... you knew the right thing to do.

"Then I'll die."

An eerie silence fell over everyone in the room, your words causing a heavy tension amongst them. Your blue eyes scanned over their reactions, but everyone's face remained neutral as they all stared directly at you.

"No." Jungkook's voice came out hard and stern. "I forbid it."

"He's right." Your eyes snapped to Taehyung. "That is not even an option."

You opened your mouth to speak, but your words were cut off by Hannah's shrill voice.

"I say we let her do it. If she's the one who brought this upon our people, she should take responsibility for it."

Jungkook sent the black haired girl a hard glare.

"Shut up."

He turned his attention back to you.