Chapter 14: Crawling up to his Balcony

"Pssst!"

No response

.

.

"Pssttt!"

.

.

I wait

.

.

"PSSSST!"

.

.

I wait some more

.

"HEY!"

.

.

"Why you knucklehead!" I pick up a fallen pillow from the floor and throw it in his way and it struck hard on his face. He jolts up and grunts holding his nose in his hands, sitting across me on his bed. "Finally you responded! I was worried if you were dead or something" I give a sarcastic smile.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" he gets up from his bed and in a blink, he is right in front of me rubbing his nose.

He is in gray sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I can feel the anger radiating out of him and I lower myself in front of his lightning gaze.

"What are you doing in my house!" I release a breath, roll my shoulders and face him with the same ferocity.

"What do you think I do every day outside your house at his hour?" I deadpan.

"You are not outside my house. How did you get up here?! The front door is supposed to be locked." he asks me, frustration evident in his tone.

"But your door to the balcony wasn't," I say, pointing at the glass door.

"Wait-what? You came from the balcony? How?" He asks rather confused at my declaration.

"I saw a ladder in your lawn and so I used it to crawl up here. You must know better about your home." I shrug my shoulders, he keeps looking at me with squirmed eyes for a minute. "and besides I was calling out for you and I didn't know you had EARPLUGS IN YOUR EAR TODAY!" He heaves a frustrated sigh and goes back to his bed and lies down. My mouth hangs open at his attempt.

How dare he! Boss? my foot!

"You can go back down through the ladder and make sure you lock the door behind you." he shuts his eyes and cuddles with the pillow with which I hit him earlier and without even looking, he turns off the bedside lamp that I turned on before when I sneaked into his room. I near his bed and pick something up from the bedside table which I couldn't identify in the dark.

.

.

Silence

.

.

.

Thwak!

"What the hell!" He yells at me and turns on the lamp again and I see him rubbing his head while his eyes dart towards the thing in my hand. "Did you just hit me with A Tale of Two Cities?!" I ignore his accusation.

"Do you really think I was going to listen to you and leave?" I ask him, crossing my arms over my chest and start tapping my foot against the floor, impatiently.

"Well, you have to. NOW GET OUT!" He pauses for a second. "And give me back my book! That's a classic, respect her." he snatches the book from my grasp and puts it back on the bedside table.