42-Tearing Off Her Dress

Chapter 42: Tearing Off Her Dress

*Wyatt's POV*

The pungent smell of alcohol hits my nose immediately as I walk into the house, already littered with drunken teenagers.

Believe it or not, I don't go to parties that often. I still go every now and then but I'm not a crazy party animal like the redhead green eyes hangs out with — she told me all about her and from here that girl sounds crazy but in a good way if that makes sense.

I just don't find that much enjoyment in getting drunk and sleeping with random people I barely know. I've done it a couple times but that sort of life just isn't for me. To be fair it takes a lot for me to get drunk which is a blessing and a curse. It's good when I need to stay sober like when I was playing drinking games at her house but bad when I just want to drown my sorrows in alcohol and forget everything for a little while.

But it's fine because tonight isn't about getting drunk, it's about finding her and seeing for myself what's been going on. I'm hoping everything I've heard is false but I just know that's not the case.

Eli wandered off as soon as we got here but about twenty minutes later he found me again, this time with a red solo cup in his hands. "So any chicks here sparkin' your dick?" Eli asks, swinging his left arm over my shoulder, his drink sloshing in its cup but luckily not spilling over.

I send him a bewildered look at his choice of words but don't mention it. I shrug. "You know I'm not here for that," I deadpan.

He sighs through his nose and pats my back hard before looking me directly in the eyes, a challenge written on his face. He quirks an eyebrow at me as he speaks. "Mate, are y' scared that no one wants to fuck you?"

I slowly shake my head in surprise but Eli just lets out a low chuckle.

"That's it, isn't it? All these years you've barely been with any girls and I finally get it. Yuh scared." I go to cut him off but he stops me by raising his palm. "Mate s'alright, I can help if you want. Y' should've just told me sooner. We could've fixed this insecurity ages ago."

I'm baffled so it takes me a couple seconds to come up with a reply. "No, that's not it," I tell him slowly, hoping to get him to understand. "I just don't want to. End of story."

"Uh huh sure..." he trails off as though he doesn't believe me. "If you're not ready to admit it that's fine. I'll be ready to help whenever you're ready for it."

I let out a deep sigh. I can't be bothered to deal with this right now. How do I get Eli off my back so I can go find her?

"Damn, mate look," I say with a fake wolf whistle, gesturing to a group of girls. "Bet you can't get the girl in red to fuck you within the hour."

His eyes find the girl I'm gesturing to and he scans her body for much too long. "Challenge accepted," he smirks, walking over in an overconfident and cocky manner.

That's Eli out of the way. Now, where would she be?

I spent the next twenty minutes looking for her. She wasn't dancing; she wasn't drinking in the kitchen; she wasn't upstairs in any of the bedrooms — although I did see Eli up there which means he did it and in record time too; she wasn't even in any of the bathrooms, vomiting or whatever else.

With a sigh I make my way outside — the only place I've not yet checked. It takes a couple of minutes before I spot her in the corner snogging a guy but I don't think it's River.

I don't really know how to feel about it if I'm honest. Part of me feels smug because she's going behind his back but then again it's not like her to do that — so why? And I didn't particularly enjoy seeing her make out with a random guy. I might have to wash my eyes out after this.