Chapter 2 - School, School, We Love School! Not.

Chapter 2

I jump into the car… and land on Dylan’s lap.

“Oh God. Sorry…” I hurriedly get out again.

He laughs “Any time!”

I bend down so I’m looking in through the open door “Um… if the car’s full how am I supposed to catch a ride with you? …Don’t tell me you guys were bluffing!” I glare at Dylan who’s motioning for me to sit on his lap again. “No Dylan.”

“You’re riding with yours truly babe,” Jake says in my ear.

I jump about ten feet in the air “Jeez Jake, don’t freak me out like that! You know I hate people doing that!”

He gives me a knowing smile “Exactly why I do it. Anyways, I had to do something, you can see down your top when you lean down.” I immediately pull my shirts neckline up, blushing.

Jake starts to laugh so I shove him. “You’re gonna be riding with me,” he shuts the car door and Tristan waves out the window as they drive off. “Have fun!”

I turn to Jake reluctantly. “So where’s your ‘wheels’?”

“Right over there,” he points to the end of their driveway. My eyes widen in shock.

“No. Jake McLane, No. No, No, No, No! I refuse! Absolutely refuse!”

“Come on it’s not that bad,” Jake beckons me towards him as he walks over to his big, red, shiny motorcycle.

“I’m not getting on that freaking thing with you! It’s suicide! I’d seriously rather walk… There is no way in hell that I’m getting on it! No. Way. In. Hell.” I start to back away.

Jake grins at me “Well we’re on Earth, so I guess it doesn’t count,” he tries to catch my arm, I turn and run down the street.

I can hear his Converse’s thumping along the side-walk behind me, I look over my shoulder and yell at him “I don’t care; if you’re driving I’m not getting– HEY!”

Jake has caught up to me and he hauls me over his shoulder.

I start to beat my fists against his back and kick my legs out, trying to get out of his grasp. “Let go of me! I swear to God, let go now!” He just keeps walking down the street.

I see some little kids in their front yard, eyes as wide as golf balls as they see us walk by. An old couple are out the front of their garden watching us curiously. 

“Come on, put me down. Everyone’s staring!” I say a bit more quietly.

Jake laughs as he puts me down onto the bike and hands me a helmet. “Come on Hale, we need to get to school.”

I glare at him as I put it on. “Fine… my parents will kill me if I get a detention while they’re gone… That’s the only reason why I’m going with you. I’m never doing this again! Got it? I’ll walk or something for the rest of the week….”

“Whatever you say babe,” he says as he sits in front and puts his own helmet on. Before he flips the visor down he turns a little to speak over his shoulder, “You better hold on by the way,” I grasp his t-shirt; there is no way I’m going to encourage him by throwing myself all over him. “Suit yourself” and he revs the engine.

I squeeze my eyes shut, Oh God, Please let me get through this alive…

And we’re off. I gasp as I feel the air whoosh past me. I grab Jake around the middle and press myself into his back, holding on has hard as I can.