Chapter 9

I felt my cheeks heat up at her comment.

"I mean musically of course." She smirked.

"Right." I said, not sure of how to react because that's definitely not what she meant I can tell by the smug expression she held on her face.

I followed her into her room. The lights were red so the ambience of her room was really mellow and relaxing.

"Really?" I chuckled as I referred to her Louis Vuitton headboard and matching sheets on her king sized bed.

"Don't hate." She snickered as she collapsed onto her bed.

"You can sit." She laughed at me just awkwardly standing there.

If someone were to tell me last week that I'd be standing in Billie Eilish's room today I wouldn't have believed it in a million years. But here I am.

I joined her by sitting on the foot of her bed as she lazily laid against the designer headboard.

I looked around her room with curious eyes seeing a keyboard, guitar, ukulele, and mic set up in the corner.

"So you write all your songs in here?" I asked.

"Finneas and I do, yes." She nodded.

"He helps you?" I tilted my head out of curiosity.

"We're a team. We work together on all my music."

"It's so cool that you get to do all this with your brother." I smiled at her.

"Hell yeah! I love him, he's the best." She cheekily smiled.

"Wanna hear something I'm working on?" She asked me as she got up and grabbed her ukulele.

"Is the Billie Eilish about to serenade me right now?" I joked with her.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes playfully.

She repositioned herself on the bed as I scooted closer so I could lean on the headboard as well, letting myself finally get comfortable.

I leant my head back as she started strumming her ukulele.

"Don't you know I'm no good for you
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin." She began singing softly.

Her voice was beautiful, even more beautiful live than it is in her songs. I listened intently to the lyrics. They are so raw.

"Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that." She finished with one final strum on the ukulele.

"That's all I have so far." She said as she tapped her fingers on top of the ukulele that was now resting on her lap.

"It's amazing." I said in awe, speechless.

"Thanks." She smiled and rolled her eyes. 

I've noticed she doesn't take compliments real well.

"Seriously, Billie. It's so good. So much emotion was put into it I can tell." I said, getting serious.

"Thank you Josie." She said looking me directly in the eye.

We sat there just looking at each other for a second. It wasn't awkward, I wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was like we were in some sort of trance or something.

"Wanna hear some more?" She said once she snapped out of it, rubbing the back of her neck out of embarrassment from staring at me.

"I'd love to." I smiled.