𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍: the upside down

CINDY HARRINGTON SQUEEZED Eleven tightly, her arm wrapped over the girl's weak shoulders. Eleven leaned her head on the Harrington girl's shoulder, chest rising and falling softly as her eyes were trained straight ahead.

The party sat restlessly on the Hawkins Middle gymnasium bleachers, waiting for Joyce and the chief, who had left on a mission to go to Hawkins Lab and find Will.

Mike leaned his elbows on his knees from his spot beside Cindy, bobbing his knee up and down impatiently.

The boy glanced down at his watch before standing, moving quickly towards the gymnasium doors.

Only a minute later, the Wheeler had returned, shaking his head as she paced back to his friends. "They're gone."

"What?" Lucas asked from behind Eleven.

"Nancy and Jonathan," Mike repeated, "His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin replied, earning disgusted looks from each of the children surrounding him.

"Gross," Lucas muttered, shaking his head at the boy.

"Dustin--" Cindy turned to look at the boy from over her shoulder, brows furrowing deeply in disgust.

"--No," Mike twisted his face at the thought, "No way!"

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin questioned, glancing at each of his friends before fixing his eyes back on Mike.

"I don't know," Mike shrugged in response, his voice slightly rising an octave as he grew frustrated.

Eleven shook her head softly, lifting it from Cindy's shoulder. "No."

"What?" Mike peered down at the girl, "Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?" Mike elaborated, the aggravation in his tone only growing.

Eleven paused for a second, searching the boy's eyes cautiously. 

"Demogorgon."

"We can't just wait around."