𝐈𝐈. SIRIUS BLACK'S INTENTIONS

CHAPTER TWOSIRIUS BLACK'S INTENTIONS

CHAPTER TWO
SIRIUS BLACK'S INTENTIONS

§ § §

The doors to the bus swung open as Tom, the innkeeper of the Leaky Cauldron, appeared. "Mr. and Miss. Potter. At last."

We got off the bus, Harry grabbing his trunk on the way out. The bus rocketed away the second we stepped off the last step. 

Harry and I trailed after Tom as we passed through the quiet room of the inn. The bartender glanced up as we walked by, then went back to cleaning the glasses. Another wizard was seated at a table, reading a book as his coffee stirred itself. Tom led Harry and I upstairs. I glanced around and noticed that it was oddly quiet. Tom opened the door to a room and led the two of us inside. Harry's owl, Hedwig, is waiting there for us. I also notice that my trunk and my owl, Ivory, are also there. The Weasley's must've sent them.

"Hedwig!" Harry gasped delightedly at the owl, rushing over to her. I knew that Hedwig was quite literally Harry's only friend while he was at the Dursely's. He had a real bond to her.

"Real smart bird you've got there, Mr. Potter. Arrived here only minutes after yourself." Tom told Harry.

I heard a man clear his throat. I turned to the front of the room and saw the outline of a man standing, looking out of the window of the room. Tom stood against the wall near the door. It was Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic.  "I should tell you, Potter twins, that your uncle's sister was located earlier this evening just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department  was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever."

I look at Harry, wondering what could've made him do what he did.

I'll tell you later. I hear him, jumping slightly. I had forgotten we could do that.

Reading my mind now? I ask, hoping he can't.

No. I think it's just when you make eye contact with me and think about something you want to tell me or something I can hear it.

Oh.

"So that's that, no harm done. And we have record of your organizing spell, Miss. Potter. Which of course, has done no harm either. Pea soup?" Fudge gestures to the table that hold a collection of food on it.

"No thank you, Minister. I don't understand - we broke the law. Underage wizards and witches aren't allowed to use magic at home..." Harry trails off. I internally groan. Fudge was letting us off the hook! Did Harry want to get expelled?

"Oh, come on now, Harry. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts or organizing their things!" Fudge paused and I let out a sigh of relief. "On the other hand... the two of you running away like that... given the state of things... very, very irresponsible."