¹¹, THE FIRST SNOW

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 . . . 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘚𝘯𝘰𝘸
❝ It's magic

  JESS MARIANO WAS taking the project way too seriously, in Charlie Gilmore's humble opinion. Granted, it was basically a free pass to annoy Charlie to no end, she hadn't expected Jess to so quickly jump at this opportunity.

  "You know this counts as homework, right?"

  Jess followed the girl, hot on her heels, as she rounded the counter of Lukes, setting the coffee pot back in its respectful place.

  "Interesting— do you always reset the coffee once it's out?"

  "Yeah, because I'm a good employee," Charlie deadpanned, watching Jess scribble dramatically on a pad of paper, "Something you would know nothing about."

  "That hurts, Connecticut," Jess smiled, pointing his pencil at the girl.

  "Will you put down the stupid paper," She laughed, swatting as he began writing, "You aren't supposed to take notes about me, dude."

  "How else am I supposed to get to know you?" Jess asked, "An interview? An exclusive, with the Charlotte. . . what's your middle name?"

  "Emily."

  "An exclusive with the Charlotte Emily Gilmore?"

  "Mariano, would you shut up?"

  "Hey!"

  Charlie rolled her eyes, weaving around Jess to the phone hanging on the wall of the diner. She quickly scanned the diner, ignoring Jess's close eye— his pencil poised, before quickly dialing a number.

  "Little Lottie?"

  "Finnegan!"

  "There she is," Finn cheered, chuckling lightly, "How are you today, Lovely?"

  "I'm fine— at work right now," Charlie shrugged, twirling the phone cord, "Jess is writing down every little thing I do for our project— quite annoying."

  "I can hear you."

  "Jess sounds like he's trying to steal my girl— might have to make a trip over the Stars Hollow."

  "Not your girl, Finn," Charlie sighed, before registering what he said and lighting up, "Wait— do you mean it?"

  "Colin and I have been thinking about returning to the Colonies," He joked, "You think we'd stop by the East Coast and skip out on our Little Lottie?"