Knife game (Kaede x fem! Ouma)

(Requested by @sweetchisayhara! I hope you enjoy!)

Kaede wasn't sure why she chose to do this. For her free time, she could've hung out with anyone else. But alas, here she is sitting in the dining hall table with Kokomi.

Kokomi was a hard egg to crack. She always lied to the point that it was hard to tell whenever she was being genuine. Kaede definitely didn't view her as trustworthy yet something about the other girl still intrigued her. She decided that if she was going to learn more about Kokomi, she should approach her with caution. "Hey, Akamatsu-chan!" The smaller girl cheered and Kaede jerked her head to Kokomi's direction. "Hm? Did you think of something?" Kaede asked. Kokomi nodded enthusiastically. "I wanna play a game!" She said, slightly bouncing in her seat. It was oddly cute. "What kind of game?" Kaede replied. Then, Kokomi took out a box. She hummed when she opened it. Kaede peered over and gulped.

Kokomi took out a knife. "Let's play the knife game!" She said, her cheer oddly sinister. Kaede grew nervous. "I-is that a lie?" Kaede reluctantly asked. Kokomi shook her head. "I'm completely serious, Akamatsu-chan." She plainly said, the cheerfulness now gone. "Isn't it dangerous?" Kaede asked, trying not to show anymore fear to Kokomi. "That's only if you're not careful..." Kokomi simply replied, an unsettling smile on her face. "What happens if I don't play?" Kaede asked boldly. Kokomi kept her creepy smile. "I'm going to have to ask my organization to kill you." She replied, bringing the knife close to her own face. Kaede gulped. Then a carefree smile spread on Kokomi's face. "Nishishi! That was a lie! I'd probably just mock you for the whole time we're here!" Kokomi then said cheerfully.

"How do we play?" Kaede asked, trying to divert her attention from Kokomi's lie. "It's easy!" Kokomi mused. "You put your hand on the table and spread your fingers apart. Like this!" Kokomi continued as she demonstrated it. "And then you stab!" She said in twisted delight as she started to rapidly move the knife between her fingers. She started to sing a melody as she swiftly stabbed the knife on the table, between the crevices of her fingers. Kaede had to be amazed at her skill. Then, Kokomi finished and withdrew her knife from the table. "Your turn!" She mused. But Kaede wasn't focusing, her attention was somewhere else.

The crevices of some of Kokomi's fingers were started to slowly bleed, pink blood seeping from fresh cuts. "Ouma-san, are you aware that you're bleeding?" Kaede asked in concern. Kokomi turned her attention to her hand that was still laying flat on the table. "Ah." Was all Kokomi could say as she looked at her bleeding hand. She also noticed a very noticeable cut on her index finger. She then looked back at Kaede with a big smile. "Whoops~ looks like I really am bleeding!" She cheered, though Kaede could hear a very light quiver in her voice.

Kaede got up and offered her hand. "Eh?" Was all Kokomi could muster. "I'm going to take you to the infirmary. I'm sure this school should have one." Kaede explained. "You'd really do that? For lil ol' me?" Kokomi joked but Kaede nodded her head. "I'm completely serious. Just take my hand and I'll take you, okay?" Kaede said a small smile on her face. She saw as the other girl reluctantly reached her hand. Kokomi's hand still felt wet from the blood.

As they walked, Kaede stole a glance at the shorter purple haired girl. Kokomi wasn't really looking forward but was rather looking away. Her expression was hard to read. She then turned to Kaede. "If you continue to stare at me, I'm going to bleed out and probably die y'know." Kokomi simply said, even if she wasn't smiling, her tone was definitely more light-hearted. "Don't say that! I promised since day one no one will die here!" Kaede scolded but the other girl didn't respond. Kaede just sighed and continued to walk faster, leading the girl upstairs until they found an infirmary on the second floor.

"Please sit on the bench, I'll try to find some bandages." Kaede instructed as she slowly let go of the other girl's hand. She clearly needed to wash her hand later as it was now stained pink from Kokomi's wounds. After searching through the infirmary, Kaede found a small box filled with supplies. She walked over to the bench and took the smaller girl's hand in her own again. "This will hurt a little so bear with me." Kaede gently said as she got out some rubbing alcohol. "Ah, don't worry about that! I'm invincible to all kinds of pain!" Kokomi mused.

Kaede quickly learned that was a lie when Kokomi very noticeably winced each time the drenched cotton ball touched any of her exposed cuts. Before Kaede began to patch up Kokomi's hand, she looked up to see the other girl had her eyes shut tight and there were even a little bit of tears on her lashes. Her face also had a soft shade of pink. While Kaede could understand the tears, she didn't quite get why the other girl would be blushing at this time. Before Kokomi could notice Kaede looking at her, Kaede looked down and began to patch up her wounds.

"And there!" Kaede cheered after she carefully placed the last band-aid on a cut that rested near Kokomi's thumb. Kokomi reluctantly opened one eye and looked down at her hand. She then completely opened her eyes and looked at Kaede's handiwork. She seemed to be at a loss for words. "I'm not as good as someone like Toujo-san but I still tried!" Kaede said with a smile. Kokomi then shot a mischievous smile. "Well, no wonder! This is clearly terrible!" She cheered. Kaede didn't react, she was just waiting for Kokomi to deliver her classic line.

"Ah, you didn't react to that. You're really starting to get used to my lies, aren't you Akamatsu-chan?" Kokomi asked, still smiling as she rested her bandaged hand on her cheek. "Well, we've been stuck here long enough to learn more about each other so of course, I'll get used to it eventually." Kaede explained. Kokomi pouted. "First Saihara-chan and Amami-chan and now you?! You guys are no fun! And I'm not lying when I say that!" Kokomi said with childish frustration. Kaede just laughed at her juvenile outburst.

"But..." Kokomi's tone changed. She sounded serious. "What is it?" Kaede asked. Kokomi looked away. "I hate saying these kinds of words, especially in this place but... thank you." She softly said. Kaede didn't know how to react. This had to be the most genuine reaction she's ever seen from Kokomi. "It's no problem, really!" Kaede reassured but the smaller girl just replied by getting off the bench. She began to walk away. "Ouma-san?" Kaede called out. Kokomi stopped and turned to her. "Freetime should be over now but let's hang out again next time! I had fun!" Kokomi said with a smile. "Is that a lie?" Kaede asked, not wanting to lose her guard. Kokomi's smile widened. "Could be." She just simply replied. Then she turned and walked away, short white skirt and purple pigtails swaying with each step.

For once, Kaede seemed to be confident that she understood Kokomi.