Chapter Nine

"Fifth Year"

••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••

I sat on a stone bench in the courtyard beside Timothée as we 'people watched' our classmates.

"She's either about to tell him that she's pregnant, she cheated on him, or she's breaking up with him." I said as we stared at a flustered and nervous wreck of a Gryffindor girl.

"How do you know? Maybe she just forgot about a date they had and accidentally stood him up?" Tim suggested with a shrug.

"No." I shook my head and gestured to the girl that was on the verge of tears. "That right there is danger level guilt nerves. Those are 'holy shit he's going to hate me' nerves."

"Oh, I see it now." He said earning a victorious grin from me.

"Hey, Nora!" The Lafayette boy and I turned towards where a familiar redhead was approaching.

"Hey, Lily!" I greeted with a smile, while Tim simply waved.

"Can I talk to you for a second? Alone?" She asked me, silently asking the hazel eyed boy to leave for a moment.

"I'll see you in History Of Magic. Alright, Love?" He said before placing a kiss on my cheek and heading off.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"What is going on? I thought you liked James, but now you're apparently in love with Timothée out of nowhere!" Lily asked exasperatedly.

"Well, James has been a right foul prick lately and for your information, I really like Timothée." I told her, keeping up the act that Tim and I were dating and in love. "You know, he's been good to me and he's just an all around amazing guy."

"You're right, James is a prick." She said with a sigh. "But don't you think you're rushing this thing with Timothée?"

"Why can't you just support my decisions? I like him and despite you being my best friend, you have no control over my love life." I huffed, acting upset.