187. Christmas Eve - Revival

I walked among the crowd of pedestrians on the festive, Christmas streets of Palisia, alone and unnoticed by the others who I had walked by. The dull day had gone by slowly as I simply roamed the city, watching the residents of the city go on with their lives, celebrating the holiday with close friends and family. It was nice seeing everybody in a happy mood as they forgot their troubles, a rather contagious feeling for most. However, for me, it's rather difficult to deal with as I am alone and unseen by anyone.

The sun had slowly disappeared in the sky, leaving the dark sky overhead and the city to be illuminated by the bright city lights. In the sky, the tall skyscrapers with lights dotting their windows were brightly illuminated in a manner that is unlike the usual dazzling display as the city celebrated the holiday season. The lights that decorated the city's many skyscrapers as accordance to government policies in regards to lighting had sported a festive color scheme, putting on a beautiful lite version of a light show.

Looking up, I puffed out a cloud of warm mist and admired the nighttime sky. It was cloudy overhead, and flakes of snow started elegantly dancing down towards the earth, eliciting gasps from some around me who stopped and held out their hands to catch the beautiful snowflakes. People were excited, it seems, for this Christmas snow as their spirits raised even more. I think that if this snowfall wasn't a light one but a heavy blizzard, these people who aren't home wouldn't be so happy about it. If it did snow heavily, I wouldn't be happy as well as I do not have a residence to seek shelter in. I would rather not fall asleep outside during a blizzard and wake up the next morning being covered in snow.

With a sigh, I continued with my walk through the nighttime city, passing by the lights spilling out the first-floor windows of business spots such as clothing stores and phone carriers and onto the sidewalk where many pedestrians walked. It was a rather busy afternoon as the city appeared even more bustling since many people had opted to come out in search of a good time. But, I suppose I am the oddity as I am alone and lacking in anything that could offer me joy.

What should I do from now on? I asked myself.

I shall forever remain forgotten, unseen by all. If that is the case, then what is the point in my life then? What do I do after I accomplish what I had promised myself I would back in the day, my sole resolve. What would I do and how would I even accomplish this seemingly impossible task now that I am almost invisible to all?

With a depressed sigh, I continued on walking, thinking of returning to my temporary place of residence near the building that I had originally lived in. Since it was still quite early, I decided that I will walk back to Lumina instead of taking the train. I can simply take the pedestrian path across the Holfen Bridge, one that you rarely see people taking the trip across. To be honest, the only people I've seen walking that long bridge are tourists who, I think are scammed by travel sites, to walk across.

"Guess that's the end of my day," I sighed.

With my eyes closed, I slipped my hands into my pant pockets, hoping to provide warmth to the tip of my fingers as I stepped foot on the crosswalk and continued to the otherside of the street. After taking a few steps, I was suddenly stopped by a rather surprising incident.

"Alevian!"

Multiple voices called my name simultaneously, causing me to halt in my steps. I stared at the city street before me with wide eyes of surprise and was reluctant to turn around as my mind continued to process what had just occurred.

I'm...not hearing things, right?

I was scared to turn around, to discover who it was that had called my name. I was afraid that this might actually be my illusion like what had occurred in some situations before where I had thought that someone had called my name only to discover that I was hearing things. It has occurred so often that I am beginning to think that turning around is simply a waste of energy, that it will never become true. However, if there's a possibility, no matter how slim it might be, I guess it won't hurt for me to turn around, right? If it is real, then do I still have the right to come back? Do I still have the right to be revived?