11. Bliss

After my declaration of resistance, I go to search for a support.

🦋

Is it my fault for not being a good Daughter who is worth listening to? Because I did not put enough effort to be close to my parents in the past, when I was preparing to be a Villainess? With Mom, in particular.

"Something the matter?" Dad asks me after seeing my face as I approach him

I am faintly certain I don't have a bad expression on my face. How does Dad know? Maybe he was paying attention to that table and its occupants? Dad... Will he listen to me, or will he be like Mom...? I have to try, in any case.

"I am uncertain what Mom wants with...making me and the Rasalhagues closer again," I start out slowly, trying to use nice words for Dad to hear, "But, the Rasalhagues and I... We don't have a good relationship now,"

Dad quietens. After thinking about it, Dad asks, "A fight?"

I give a small shrug, "They may be upset with me. I am aware I am at fault for their unhappiness. However, they talked to Mom about my friends," I glance at my friends who are talking to Uncle and Uncle-in-law, with Aunt snickering at the side as she listens to their talk, "They weren't being kind to my friends,"

"I will not side with anyone," Dad informs me, reminding me that I should solve my problem by myself

"I only want to request Dad to not agree with Mom's decision," I dip my head slightly, a gesture showing that I am pleading him on this matter

Dad blinks. After mulling about it, Dad seems to understand something. Once he has considered a matter for one whole minute, Dad chooses to reveal, "Your Mother is looking for a Son-in-law,"

I drop my shoulders, in defeat. I can't help but softly say, "I am still young. Still a child, in fact,"

Dad crosses his arms, "I am aware,"

I look up then, with hope. Dad continues seriously, "I have no wish to decide for you when to have a relationship. Although your Mother does it, I hear she is only looking for candidates for now,"

Horo and Scopus Rasalhague are the candidates, then? I confess to Dad of what I said, "I told Mom to just adopt the twins, instead of...matchmaking us, now that I know her real plan,"

Dad's lips twitch up. Looking like he is genuinely humoured by the idea, Dad asks me, "You don't mind having them as your Brothers?"

I consider it seriously. Having the twins as my Brothers? Will they live with me then? Will they meddle with my life then? Will they treat me differently then? Will they forgive me and see me as one of them then?

I doubt anything will change.

"They will only be Brothers on papers," I admit to Dad, "Our relationship will not become better just because we become family,"

For a moment, Dad looks depressed at what I say. I repeat the sentences in my head and come to a realisation.

I am uncertain whether Dad and Mom's marriage is an arranged one or not. However, the three of us, my relationship is generally better with Dad than with Mom. Dad and Mom too, their relationship, while they don't fight or being cold to each other, is not a relationship of people in love.

To only realise this now, because I was an unfilial child absorbed with being a Villainess, I feel regretful.

"Mercury?" noticing that something is off with me, Dad calls gently, "Something the matter?"

I look at Dad, feeling lost and guilty. I never thought about the relationship between my parents. When they came together to hold a birthday party for me each year, I automatically assume it as something natural, for my sake.