Chapter Fourteen

Bendy's POV

The ride started going down a real fancy futuristic hall toward some big doors. A voice was talking loudly over us; probably that scientist from before.

"This is Seeker! We gotta get in, grab that Iguanodon, and get out before that astroid hits. Let's go!"

We went through a large hall with flashing lights. Everyone in our car was giving excited cheers, while Charlie was silent and breathing heavily; I felt him grip my hand tighter.

"I'm right here," I said to him under the noise. "It's just a ride, we'll be ok!"

Charlie didn't answer with words, but nodded instead. I heard the scientist's voice again:

"Okay. Now, let's go get that dino. Computer, what're you tracking?"

A robotic female voice spoke up in response:

"Styracosaurus."

"Not our dino."

"Warning. Meteor shower in range."

"Just little ones!"

We entered a scene full of dinosaurs, all moving around like the were the real thing, I could almost see why Charlie was so scared. They were so lifelike; almost like good ol' Gertie! The computer was listening them all off as we passed.

"Alioramus. Hadrosaur. Raptor."

"Wow! So cool!" the lady wearing a Bride hat was beaming. "Isn't this amazing, guys?"

I glanced at Charlie who was red faced and squeezing my hand, yet straining to keep a smile on his face. I quickly answered the bride myself.

"Yeah, I like raptor he's really fast!"

"You got a favorite, buddy?" the groom was looking at Charlie.

"Uhm... I like—"

The ride got dark and stopped in front of a huge dinosaur that gave a loud growl. Charlie cried out and hid his face in my shoulder; I could feel him trembling.

"Carnotaurus."

"Definitely not our dino. Go! Go! Go! Another big guy comin' up. Computer, slow and identify."

"Sauropod."

A dinosaur with a long neck leaned over the car. Charlie keep his head on my shoulder, now gripping my arm.

"Still not our dino, but at least this one's a vegetarian..."

The car kept moving, now getting a little wilder as the ride got darker and louder. Even through the noise, I heard Charlie starting to cry. I held onto him and tried to console him best I could.

"Asteroid impact in 90 seconds."

"We'd better move it!"

There were more loud noises as the computer described the dinosaurs and counted down the time until the asteroid impact. By now the noise was actually hurting my ears; this is what people considered fun? I liked that Haunted Mansion a lot better than this!

"That's it! Abort mission! Abort! Abort!"

This crazy thing is over now?

"Iguanodon."

It has to be over now!

"Forget it! Get them out now!"

"Asteroid impact."