Chapter 11

Dominic

"you do know that you will have to Wed her when we get back home to complete the marriage right?" Max says to me, we've been riding for 16 hours now, there are two more days to go. I look at him "do I look stupid to you, you fucking moron. I know you're enjoying seeing me suffering, try hiding it a little" he laughs. "I'm sorry man, I just never thought you'd get married, with that personality of yours. You have absolutely zero percent romance in you" I look at him with a stern face. " I did not marry her for romance." he shrugs. "I could teach you some flirting tricks you know" max is my best friend but he is also a first-class womanizer. "if you are so good, Max, how is it you cannot win Alexanders heart then?" I laugh at his reaction. "that was brutal, Dominic, even for you" I laugh.

"I must admit though, your wife isn't as weak as I thought, I mean she hasn't even complained or asked for a break once. I'm complaining and I'm the horseman, I ride horses for a living" Max say, he is right. I look over at my wife, what was her name again? I don't remember. I don't think I've even heard her name before, only at the altar when the priest said her name, but I was too focused on her bright green eyes to even hear what he was saying.

When I look over at her, at first I don't notice the blood but then I look down at her feet and see blood dripping from her shoes down to the white snow. What the hell? Has she cut her foot? It was a lot of blood and I could see it dripping from her other foot too. How couldn't I have noticed before? It's probably because we reached the snow paths only an hour ago, its clearer to see blood on snow that on the forest ground.

"cease!" I shout and everyone stops. "D, why are you stopping?" Max says. "what is her name?" I ask Max. "uhm I don't know, something with A I think? Or was it E?" I shake my head, how can I not know my wife's name. "wife!" I shout. She reacts a little slow, but then she turns to look at me. I see dried tears on her face. What the hell? If she hurt that much why had she not said anything? Fucking stupid woman!

I jump off my horse and walk over to her. What I see when I get close to her, I'm in complete shock. The horse was covered in blood, and so was her dress, from the waist and down. What is going on? There weren't a single drop of blood when she got on the horse.

"what is this?" I ask her. She is not looking at me, she is looking at the bloody horse and dress. She didn't answer. I put my hand on her back, I don't know why, maybe to comfort her, but when I touch her she winces, so I remove my hand. "answer me, why the fuck is there blood everywhere?" I yell. "D, calm down, you're scaring her" Max comes to stand beside me. "bloody hell!" He mumbles when he sees the blood. And she still doesn't say anything, and looks down at the blood while tears stream down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter