Chapter 12

Adelaide

I can't feel my legs, from all the blood loss. I can't feel my face from the cold. I can't feel my heart from all this betrayal. I can't feel anything! dominic Is still standing and waiting for an answer. What should I say? That I got punished for trying to run away? That I tried to kill myself? There is absolutely nothing I could say.

"Let's get her off the horse," Dominic says to the soldier beside him. "Uh yeah let's get her off" he answered. "Hey, look at me," Dominic said to me, he lifted my eyes up to his. "What's your name?" My name? He didn't even know the name of the one he married? "Adelaide" I answered. "Okay, Adelaide, let's get you off the horse alright?" He lifted his hands and put them on my waist to lift me, I winced. It hurt like hell. He removed his hands. "Are you hurt on your back too?" Dominic asked. "Y-yes" I whispered.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "can you get off the horse by yourself my queen? That way we can avoid hurting you further" the soldier still standing beside Dominic asked me. He seemed nice. He was handsome too, with dirty blond hair and light brown eyes. He was a little shorter than Dominic and was quite muscular too. " I can try" I answered. I'm surprised I haven't passed out from all the blood loss yet. I shouldn't talk too fast because just as I was about to get off I got dizzy.

"Marcus, Caden, Christian, and Mark! Rise to the nearest village and get a carriage and healer. Now!" Dominic commanded 4 soldiers. They rode away instantly.

I began to move my right leg over to the other side so I wasn't straddling the horse anymore "ahh ow" I gasped. I didn't notice that the dress stayed on the other side of the horse, and my whole leg was showing, my undergarment too. I was about to cover it up when Domin gripped my hands. He looked on my thigh for what felt like minutes. "this is no accident! Who did this?" I didn't answer him, Ge gripped my face in a rough hold and made me look at him. "who.the.fuck.did.this" the soldier put his hands on Dominic's shoulder. "D, you're hurting her, let go" Dominic seemed to get out of his trance and let go. "who did it, Adelaide? Answer me" I covered it up. "I did" I answered him. He just looked in my eyes, and I felt like he could see through me. So I looked down again.

"step here and hold on to my shoulders," he said. He intertwined his hands together, and I stepped on them and grabbed his shoulders so I wouldn't fall. My face got so close to his hair I could feel and smell it. It smelled comforting. I could feel his breath at my collar bones, it felt intimate, I could feel my face heating up. Oh, my god Adelaide! Get a grip! You're bleeding out and you're misunderstanding such normal actions. Normal actions? My father would never do this for me, no one would really. It's probably a trap, making me feel safe and all of a sudden snap! He has ripped my head off.

When I got down on the ground my legs were wobbly I could barely stand, I held into Dominic's arm for support not Thinking about it. But he didn't say anything. "are you alright?" he asked me. Why is he kind to me? Can't they just kill me and get it over with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter