《4》

IN KARTIK'S CAR

KARTIK'S POV

I was driving to Nidhi's place. She had messaged me to come as soon as possible. It seemed like an emergency. I hope everything's alright. I hope she is alright.

I soon reached there. I parked my car in the driveway and rushed into the living room.

"Nidhi....", I called out loud. But there was no response.

"Nid -", I was interrupted by someone back hugging me. It was Nidhi.

I sighed in relief.

"You scared me", I said  releasing the hug and turning to her.

Nidhi giggled.

"What is it for which you have called me so urgently?", I asked waiting for a reply.

Nidhi looked at me without blinking her eyes for a second and then broke the silence.

"I ....I just didn't think that I am gonna ask you about this in this way", she sounded nervous.

"About what ?", I asked confused.

Nidhi looked deeply into my eyes. She came close towards my lips and soon our lips met. I was startled by the sudden kiss but reciprocated it with the same passion. We broke the kiss after five minutes.

I looked into Nidhi's eyes. Suddenly, she spoke.

"Will you marry me Mr. Goenka?", she asked.

I was again startled at her sudden question.

This girl is gonna give me heart attacks today.

I didn't know what to say.

"I....I", I stuttered not finding words to speak.

"You what?", she asked waiting hopefully for my answer.

"I  will", I blurted out without thinking much.

Her countenance changed into a happy one. Her eyes were glistening with happiness, her cheeks developed a pink colour on them and her lips curved into a smile.

She hugged me the very next second.

"I am so happy Kartik....I am so happy", she said still hugging me.

"Finally, we are gonna be together forever", she said releasing the hug.

I smiled.

She looked at me.

" Why are you behaving so casually? Are'nt you happy?", she asked concerned cupping my face.

"No...I am. I am more happy than you think. But....the kids?", I asked tensed.

I really dunno how are they gonna react to this. Especially Siya.

"Don't worry about them babes. We will manage them. After all, they are only kids ", she said shrugging her shoulders.

"You dunno them", I said imagining the aftermaths.

"No problem. They'll understand. Trust me", she said relieved.

"Are you sure?", I asked doubtfully.

"Yes, I am. We both will talk to them. Now, leave about them. Lets concentrate on the wedding preparations", she said her smile broadening and her eyes glistening with excitement.

"But -", I was gonna say something but she interrupted me.

"C'mon Kartik. Don't spoil my mood. Okay, we'll do one thing. We'll hire a nanny for them", she said casually.