Everybody Knows

Drabble(-ish)

Inspired by Kaycee's sweet sixteenth  in Hawaii.

(Please don't take this seriously, because this has no form/flow whatsoever, wrote this in a speed of light because I just had to get it out of my head lol)

**********

"Yo, guys! Time for lunch –" Tahani stopped short on her tracks as soon as the scene unfolded before her eyes.

"Hey, have you seen them –"

"Shhh," Tahani shushed Kaycee's older sister, Kylie, and she didn't even have to explain as she watched the older's brows shot to the roof of her head.

Then, they looked at each other, smirking.

Before them, under the shade of a tall palm tree, was Sean and Kaycee cuddled fast asleep on a beach chair. The girl was pressed against Sean's side, her head on his right shoulder while his arm was wrapped around her shoulders protectively, and the other was lying at the side and over his head. They looked so peaceful and relaxed under the cool shadows and the gush of sea breeze, unperturbed despite the noises of laughter and fierce waves all around them.

"Are we just going to let them be, or...?" Tahani started, turning to Kylie, who is in deep thought.

"Let them be. Let's just tell mom and dad they're resting," she said, but suddenly stopped herself. "On a second thought, no let's wake them up. So they'll realize that we're not gonna let them live after witnessing this. I want to see awkward Sean and Kaycee," she snickered.

"Oh trust me, they're never awkward," Tahani said, rolling her eyes. "I've seen a lot of shit already and they will always come up with 'we're just friends' bullshit. Like, do they think I'm blind?"

"If someone's blind, it has to be them," Kylie said. "I don't know what's wrong with Kaycee. Like if I have a best friend who's like Sean..." she trailed away, still observing her little sister asleep beside her best friend.

"Like...what?"

Kylie quirked a brow. "Girl. You can't deny, but Sean's lookin' like a snack these days," she grinned.

Tahani burst into fits of giggles. "You're disgusting Ky! Are you seriously checking out your little sis's man?"

"No? Just stating facts. I mean, he and Kayc look good together."

"Facts," Tahani nodded contentedly. Kylie nodded back before going over to the sleeping couple, nudging Sean's arm that was wrapped around Kaycee.

He jerked awake, his eyes red, as if he really went into deep sleep.

"Time for lunch, Seanie," Kylie said with a knowing smile.

The boy took a deep, groggy breath, eyes still squinting as he pulled out his phone.

"Oh is that the time?" he said, his voice thick and deep from sleep.

He let out a breath as he looked at the girl in his arm, eyes half-closed as he caressed her cheek with his thumb. "Kayc. Wake up. Lunch."

Kaycee whined, burying her face more on his shoulder.

Kylie and Tahani raised their brows at the same time.

"Hey, sleepy head. Time to wake up," Sean said softly, his dimples showing as he ran his fingers on the skin showing on the girl's waist, lightly tickling her. Kaycee slapped his hand away.

"Go away, Sean," she said, voice muffled as she flung his arm away, but the boy could only laugh. "I hate you right now," the sleepy girl was now lying on her stomach.