Chapter 8

Stretched out on the couch together, Sky's head resting on his chest, they began to talk.

"How's school?" He asked.  

"Pretty boring. Still one of the highest in my class. And people pick on me because of it. So nothing's changed." She mumbled. Lucas nodded and frowned. 

"I wish you would try and make more friends Blue. People pick on you because they are jealous." He told her, trying to not go all over protective on her. 

"I know. But what if I'm the one that's jealous of them?" She whispered, sighing softly. 

"Why would you ever be jealous of them?" He asked curiously, though he had a clue. 

"They always have fun. They don't worry about grades, they worry about living life to it's fullest, and just being crazy. All I've done is worry about school and my future." A part of her was worried about telling him about the party and Alex. But another part was wanting her to tell him, and so far that part was winning. 

"I wouldn't stress to much about it Sky. Yes, you definitely need to have more fun but you have your whole life to do that. Focusing on school right now, isn't a bad thing" She nodded and frowned.

"Speaking of school, we're doing this project in English. We have to create our own story. Which I was really excited about because I love writing and all. So we got paired up with someone else and the person I'm paired up with is working on the cover, while I have started writing." She explained, her heart rate picking up as she waited for him to ask.

"Who are you paired up with?" There. Now she could tell him everything.

 "Alex Foster.  He's a kid my class, I don't know if you know him. He brought me to a party because I was trying to prove that I wasn't scared." She blurted out, sitting up so she could look at him. 

"Go on." He said, looking lost in his own thoughts. 

"I got drunk and couldn't find Alex, I started dancing on the tables and got down to dance with this guy, and Alex punched him when he tried to kiss me and we went outside. I threw up and he helped me and picked me up. Somebody had stolen his bike so he started carrying me and we walked down the road. He told me to go to sleep and I did. He got us lost...." Skylar rambled on about Alex's and hers little adventure. It felt amazing to tell him everything. Just to get it all out. "But you can't tell my parents, because they don't know everything!" 

She looked at him, only to see a frown on his face, and then he spoke. "Stay away from Alex, Skylar."  His tone was almost sad, however his eyes showed no emotion. "It's alright to do the project with him, just leave it at that. And don't work at his house. You can either work here, at school, or at your own house." 

"Why?" She asked, frowning at him. 

"Because I said so." He snapped at her. Standing up, she took a deep breath. 

"You can't tell me what to do Lucas." She told him calmly, surprised he snapped at her. 

"I'm just trying to protect you Blue." His face softened as he calmed down slightly. 

"Fine. But eventually you are going to have to tell me why." She sighed and bent down to give him a hug. "I promised Kaitlyn I'd meet her for coffee. I'll talk to you later" And with that, she left. 

Going back inside her house, she texted Kaitlyn to meet her at the cafe which served awesome coffee and desserts. Changing into a light pink t-shirt, and fixing her hair, she put on some makeup. 

Grabbing her purse, she slipped on some shoes and was out the door. She could see Lucas at his window, watching her. Rolling her eyes, she smiled at him and waved.