Quotes and Poems

An: I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long!!!! Like seriously six days?!?!

So this one is pretty bad, but it has some important messages and quotes and (this is getting cheesy) stuff like that. Slight suicide/bullying warning and school threat/student death warning, so stay safe.

Have fun!!!!
///////

Peter Parker stepped up to the microphone to share his collection of quotes and poems.

It was the Annual Poetry and Quote-athon, and Peter Parker was next.

He cleared his throat before beginning.

"This is my collection, called "Heroes and Civilians," He begins.

"Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy. Heroes come from broken down cities and broken down homes and broken down lives. They've overcome every obstacle thrown at them, everything that's tried to kill them. That's why civilians are heroes." His voice rings clear. A local news station stars recording, and several local papers start taking notes.

"What doesn't kill you doesn't leave you stronger- it leaves you broken and scared and bruised and scared instead. Heroes face things everyday that try to kill them and beat them down- and Sure, it will make you stronger, but heroes also have PTSD, plagued by nightmares. Heroes also bolt awake in the middle of the night, fumbling for the light switch, heart racing, calling out for their family because that dream was just a bit too realistic. And that's why heroes are civilians too." Peter pours so much emotion into his voice, several dozen people are now watching, and a few dozen reporters and news stations are filming.

"Why does is always rain on the people who deserve the sun? The best people in life always seem to have the shortest or worst lives. From the moment they decide they want to make a change or do something better, they get rained on their entire lives. Pushed and beaten down, never really seeing the sun. That's why civilians and heroes are the same." Peters voice carries loud and strong. It's now being cast around the world.

"They almost lived.... they almost made it. Heroes don't always win. They die, just like everyone else. Just because they are superhuman doesn't mean they aren't sill human. They have scars, and nightmares. And that's why heroes are civilians too." The entire world is watching now. The Avengers too, wondering how this boy could know so much about being a hero. All except Tony of course, who recognizes his young intern, Spiderman.

"Let me tell you something I wished I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory- you have no control over who lives, who died, who tells your story. You have no control. People live and people die, sometimes it's your fault, most times it's not. But you have not control. And once you die, it's out of your hands. You can't control who tells your story, if it is even told. And you can't control what version is told either." Peter's voice is strong as it touches the hearts of millions.

"The only thing separating a hero from a legend is life and death. Think about it: have you ever heard about a dead hero? Chances are they are called legends now. And a living legend? Most times they are called heroes. The only thing separating the two is life and death." A tear trickles out of Peter's eye.

"With great power comes great responsibility. Spider-Man's motto. If you can do the things he can do, but you don't, and then bad things happen, they happen because of you. If you just stand by when you could help out, the world won't get better. It doesn't matter if you aren't superhuman, you are human and that's enough. If you can help stop that girl from being bullied but don't, her suicide is on you as well. If you can tell the teacher that those two kids are planning a threat against the school but don't, the deaths of those kids are in you. Everyone has powers- but not everyone chooses to accept the responsibility." The Avengers watch the small, brown haired kid on the screen and wonder... could this be Spiderman?

"Thank you for listening. There are a few more in here, but I'm out of time. If anyone wants to see anymore, I'll be right over there. Thank you, have a great day!" Peter smiles, bowing and walking off the stage to thunderous applause.

"Let's go meet this boy, shall we?" Thor asks, raising his hammer.

"Sure. Why not. We can bring him here to eat dinner." Tony shrugs, smirking, barely containing his excitement over introducing his fanboy of an apprentice to the freaking Avengers. Oh this would  be fun.

/////
An: part 2? I'm at do a part 2. Maybe?