Begging

"Oh, come on Sophie," Biana said as they ate lunch at school that day. "Just forgive him already! These corny forgiveness notes he's been giving you are KILLING me!"

It'd been a few weeks since the dance and Sophie had decided to ignore Keefe completely. But the downside to that was the now endless begging Keefe was giving her.

He'd sent her about 100 "I'm sorry's'" in the past week.

200, "Let me Explain"

And 50 "Can you meet me somewhere?"

It was starting to dive Sophie nuts.

"Biana, he broke my heart ," Sophie said, shoving her tray away. "How are you okay with that?"

Biana shook her head. "I'm not. I just believe that Keefe would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. Do you?"

Sophie shook her head. "No, but what he did just--ugh!" She slumped in her chair and sighed. "I wish I knew what to do. I really do want to forgive him, but I feel like if I do I'm not being tough enough."

Maybe she wanted to make Keefe pay for what he did. Maybe she didn't want to have to deal with the Grady lectures and Edaline pity's anymore than she had to.

But, there was a larger part of her that wanted to know the reason Keefe left that night, because he wouldn't have done it without a reason.

"Fine," She told Biana after a second. "I'll see if there's some sort of way we can meet up. Just don't tell anyone. Especially not my parents."

Biana nodded. "Got it Captain!"

* * *

As Sophie opened her locker, she sighed at the monuments amount of cards piled in it. Another conversation she'd have to have with Keefe when they eventually met up.

All of the cards were some sort of purplish-pink color, but one on the top was white with golden trimming. After a lot of internal convincing Sophie opened the envelope and read the letter.

It said:

Dear Sophie,

If you're reading this right now, it means that you've been thinking about me. (and don't close the letter; I just know you pretty well)

A few weeks ago I acted like a total jerk when I left. You deserve SO much better than me. I just want you to know I'm sorry and that I'll always be here for you--even if you never want to see me again.

I want us to meet so I can tell you what's up with me and why I did what I did. So I hope you make the decision to hear me out.

Anyway, I want you to know that you mean so much to me, and I'm sorry that I hurt you. I should've been treating you better. You've been there for me when no one else has and you've helped me in the worst of times. You taught me that there's no use looking back, and that I should go through life with as much happiness and hope I can muster.

So I hope you can forgive me for what I did. I want you to know that I love you and you're a wonderful person with a beautiful heart. I'll forever be your friend.

-K

"You read it?"

Sophie turned sharply and met eyes with Keefe. He was staring widely at the letter in her hands. Sophie looked him over a couple of times. He looked really bad--if an elf can even look bad.

He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair looked flat. He also had an envelope in his hand that was that weird purplish-pink color.

Sophie nodded, gripping her hands tightly around the letter. "I did," Her voice was shaky, but she held his gaze. "I read the letter,"

"Well...?" Keefe said slowly. But it wasn't forceful, it was more...nervous.

Sophie smiled, walking over to Keefe slowly until the were only half a foot away. Then she wrapped him in a hug and smiled even wider when he hugged her back.

"You don't have to beg anymore. I forgive you,"