8-My Dad

"My dad is super handsome.

He is as tall as the Eiffel Tower. Every day, when he comes back from work, I climb on his back and spit from above as tourists do in Paris.

My dad has huge eyes like two porcelain cups overflowing with green tea.

His nose is long and hard as if it were made of wood. That's why mom and I call him Pinocchio and we tell him that he is a big liar.

His magical nostrils are gigantic and they open and close continually; every night he can somehow smell if I have showered or not before going to bed.

My dad is a mutant. He says he has something called cleft lip. That's why he hides it with long, sharp whiskers like those of our tabby cat Henry VIII.

Sometimes, while he and mom sleep together, I secretly go into their bedroom and lift his moustache to see that monstrous, alien cleft lip.

He always wakes up before I can manage to do so and then he and mom tickle me.

My dad has arms as long as lianas from "The Jungle Book." With them, he can hug both mom and me, at the same time!

I'm sure he'll also be able to hug my little brother, once he's born, that's how long his arms are.

His palms are big and warm, and they smell really good, like freshly baked bread.

Whenever he returns from the supermarket, he carries two huge bags, one in each hand, to show us how strong he is.

I think he is the strongest dad of all the dads in our class.

My dad–"

"Liar!" The voices in the back rows shouted. "Teacher, teacher, she doesn't even have a father!"

I closed the notebook, kept quiet and went to sit in my seat.

I never read anything to anyone about my dad ever again.

But I never stopped writing about him.

***
A/N: 29.3.1999. Music theme song: Savage Garden: "To the Moon and Back."