Chapter 8

Damon's POV

He was fast and strong. Erikah's neck was snapped instantly. He just walked away letting her dropped towards the floor. I don't know what told me to do it, but the next I knew I had her in my arms. I had saved her from hitting the ground, but a loud thump caused me to look up. Elijah had fallen to ground. I notice the looked on Klaus's face, he seemed confused too.

"Niklaus, you're impulsive, they are linked. Whatever happens to her, happens to him." Freya shook her head towards him.

"Ah, what a smart girl" Niklaus muttered to himself. I looked down at the girl in my hands. She looked peaceful. Klaus looked around and pondered to himself.

"There some spare bedrooms up on the third floor, whatever you need. I need time to think," He told us as he turned and walked away, taking Elijah with him. Freya scoffed and followed him.

"Damon" I heard Stefan's voice say my name. I look towards him and shrugged. I didn't get us into this mess, old Bon-bon did.

"I think it's time we left." Stefan told me. I couldn't agree more.

"Bonnie can't travel yet, Stefan" I heard Caroline tell him. I looked over to Bonnie laying on the couch.

"I'll stay with her. Head back to Mystic Falls," I told them. At least I can keep them out of this whole Mikaelson mess and protect Bonnie at the same time.

"Damon...we will call you when we get back." Caroline promised as she grabbed Stefan's hand and pulled him away. Every since Elena left, Stefan has been getting closed to Caroline. Too close.

"I'll figure out what's going on" I told them. I look at Erikah in my arms and thought what had Bonnie gotten us into. I made my way to the stairs.

Erikah's POV

I awoke with a start. I could feel the fact that my powers were weaker and the fact it took me longer to wake then normal.

I was laying on a queen sized bed with a matching bedroom set in the color of dark wood. There were few paintings on the walls but no other decorations. I sat up and look to my right seeing a door to what I'm assuming was the bathroom.

"Sleeping Beauty is finally awake..." I heard Hayley call from the hallway. I rolled my eyes, I have no idea what I did to her. I jump off the bed and walked towards the door. The pain barely fading as Damon came into view.

"It took you a whole day to wake up, Bonnie has been awake for hours now," Damon murmured to me.

"I'm sorry my vampire tricks aren't as good as yours. I also thought you would be long gone by now. " I told him as I pushed pass him. I walked back to the area where Bonnie and I did the spell and gathered my things.

"Erikah, we need to ta...," Freya voiced at me. I gave a slight groan. I just need to regroup for a second.

"Not before she talks to me about how she was able to get me my powers back." Bonnie interrupted Freya. The world spun and I looked towards Bonnie.

"AHHH, my family" Klaus's voiced boomed through the house. I turned towards him coming down from the third floor. Elijah was following right behind him.

"Now that we are present, I believe we should have a family discussion," Klaus continued.

"About?" Damon's voice came from behind me. Klaus's head snapped towards him, his eyes narrowing. "Last I recall, you weren't a member of my family,"

"I didn't ask to be here," Damon retorted.

"Boys Boys, you're both pretty. Now, what are we discussing?" I asked crossing my arms, my head pounding.

"We need to figure out how to stop Esther and Mikael from getting their hands on my child," Klaus explained rather harsh.

"Why do they want that child anyways?" Bonnie asked confused

"Esther has to sacrifice the child in order to "appease the ancestors", but Erikah should know all about that," Freya explained to everyone. I froze when those words came out of Freya's mouth. The next thing I knew, Klaus was inches from my face.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?" Klaus yelled seething his teeth. Heat starting rushing to my face.

"Klaus, I suggest you take a set back," Damon told Klaus as he stepped forward. I'm sure he noticed the redness in my cheeks starting. With the heat rushing to my face, breathing also became harder.

Klaus, back off. Let her explain," Elijah spoke calmly to Klaus.

"NO BROTHER! She knows something. SHE isn't family. SHE IS AFTER MY DAUGHTER!" Klaus rushed out as he spun towards Elijah. As Klaus spun I saw three of him and world blurred a bit.

I reached out and grabbed Damon's arm as I doubled over in pain. I gasped as the pain radiated from my side up through my body.

"Erikah?" Damon asked. I covered my mouth as I started coughing.

"Blood?" Elijah said confused. I didn't know what he was talking about until I pulled my hand away from my mouth. I looked down and saw blood. Worry rosed through me as I knew what this meant. My time was coming to an end.