22.

(I stopped writing this for a while because I went back to reread it and saw so many gaps and dumb writing I just lost interest but I saw a few comments asking me to start writing again and I just want to finish this now, for the readers)

Alexandrina and Fleming both dealt with betrayal in different ways.

While Alexandrina pretended it never happened, Fleming became far more hostile, screaming at anyone who even mentioned Darcy's name.

Cedric was the first to go to Dumbledore to tell him about Alexandrina being attacked by her former friend. He saw Alexandrina coming into the Great Hall, wincing with every step she took, and before she could even walk towards him, Cedric had pulled her out of the Great Hall and made her explain the strange limp in her step. And when she forcefully whispered Darcy's name after explaining the events of the night prior, Cedric was off.

Dumbledore knew before Cedric had a chance to open his mouth, Darcy's underage wand being proof of all the spells that were thrown that night.

He knew everything.

The next day when Alexandrina returned to her room, instead of three beds there were only two.

Darcy was gone.

Everyone was whispering about the girl's sudden departure from the school. For most, getting expelled was far worse than any death.

While only few knew the full truth of what happened, most were able to piece together the gist, just by looking at Alexandrina's state of being and the sudden somberness she held.

Alexandrina wanted to obliviate her mind. The pain of betrayal and hurt clouding her mind over and over again.

But she knew she couldn't, and she knew that what Darcy had done was just another obstacle she had to get over.

So she did.

Studying for her O.W.L.S felt like a release, somewhere she could just busy her mind, away from Darcy, away from her missing mother, away from the tournament.

As her first O.W.L came, and then the next, and another she realized the two weeks of testing were passing in seconds, each day becoming more fulfilling than the previous.

But as June grew closer she realized the last task for the Trieizard Tournament was around the corner, a week left and she hadn't spoken a word to Cedric in two weeks.

With N.E.W.T.S and O.W.L.S happening all at once, it wasn't a surprise that the two didn't see each other, even during their study period. Cedric knew Alexandrina needed her space, and as much as he needed her help for the third task, he knew waiting for her to approach him first was the best and safest option.

So when Alexandrina came practically barreling to him during dinner the night after his last N.E.W.T. Cedric was both surprised and terrified, wondering what the fiery girl was about to do.