FOURTEEN

"What am I supposed to sing anyway?" Kat asked, desperately wanting out of the situation she was in

She found it really hard to say no to Tom though. And Tom was very persistent that she recorded a song- recorded something.

"I don't know! Sing anything! What song is in your head right now?"

"You know, usually, I'd have an answer for that but now... I'm just hitting a blank."

"Just... sing whatever you're feeling at this moment. So, what are you feeling?"

"Happy," Kat said slowly, "Scared, excited..."

"Sing something ABBA," the man suddenly suggested, making Kat perk up a bit.

"Okay... I um... I think I got it."

Tom smiled proudly as she looked towards the audio engineer who only nodded.

Taking a deep breath, she looked towards Tom again, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to do.

"Take it easy with me please, touch me gently like a summer evening breeze, take your time, make it slow... andante andante and just let the feeling grow..."

Kat would be lying if she said didn't think of that one Mama Mia 2 scene where young Donna sang to young Sam.

She remembered watching the movie for the first time and wanting to cry for young Donna knowing what was in store for her with Sam.

She felt this was as an appropriate time as ever to sing it- probably the only time, unless she was doing karaoke with her friends and family.

Tom was in a trance hearing her beautiful voice, watching her the entire time, seeing her finally let loose after a while and actually enjoy herself.

He felt proud, and then when the song came to an end, he was at loss for words.

The audio engineer was definitely in a better mood after hearing her voice for the first time.

It was like a lightbulb lit up above his head.

"Dime señorita... ¿puedes cantar en español?"

"Uh... si?"

Tom was confused by the whole exchange, watching as the man got up to go in the booth with her, showing her something on the papers before returning to his seat.

"What's going on?" Tom chuckled nervously.

"Your girlfriend is going to be a hit," he smiled brightly.

Tom didn't even get a chance to respond when the music started.

After that, the rest of the time spent there was basically a whirlwind.

By the time they left, it was dark out and Kat was excited beyond relief.

"I can't believe I really did that!" she gasped as she turned to him, "How did you even make this possible?"