TWENTY NINE

Kat really thought that'd be the end of all of her and Tom's little issues

But she should've known better than to think one facetime call could change things so easily.

By the next day Tom was distant again, taking forever to respond to her, sometimes leaving her to double text for her to even get a response back.

She just wished she had someone to talk to about it.

But with her still being mad at the girls, and not wanting to admit the defeat; Noah back in LA; Carter god knows where with his girlfriend; and her just not feeling comfortable enough to talk to Tom's friends Zendaya and Laura about him, she felt all sorts of alone.

She sat in her room another Friday night after a long day of work, spending the rest of her night in watching her favorite TV show.

She was surprised when the door opened to reveal her sisters and best friend, a bag in hand.

Before she could tell them to get out, a little dog came running in.

"Doc!"

He came running straight to her, Kat picking him up as she hugged him, letting him lick her face.

"Dad let you take him?"

"Yeah," Kris smiled, "He was actually more than happy to hand him over- turns out he hasn't been listening to him lately."

"He probably just misses us," Kat sighed, sitting him down, "We should've never left him with dad."

"Doc's fine with dad."

"Then why is he here?" Kat questioned, immediately assuming the worst.

Was their father now tired of their family dog and no longer wanted to keep him?

They only left him with their dad because their tenant had a strict no dog rule. But Kat would find a new place to live in an instant if Doc no longer had a place to stay.

"We figured we could use him to... win you over."

Kat stiffened up immediately as Kris sighed and went to sit at the edge of the bed, "I hate when we fight, you know. You're the best out of all of us at keeping grudges."

"Yeah, well I learned from dad, so..."

"We got you some fresh baked cookies from that favorite spot of yours," Karmen offered, handing over the bag.

"Why are you all so suddenly wanting to make peace with me?"

"Well... Noah may have had a long talk with us before he left," Alex mumbled.

"And I miss my baby sis," Kris smiled sadly, "We all have missed you."

"Yeah, I'm sure," Kat scoffed, setting Doc to the side where he immediately found a comfortable spot to lay in while the other two girls joined them on the bed.