12. Zone

Before the start of the new school year, I go to the countryside to visit my Grandparents.

🦋

It's arranged that the parents from both Dad and Mom's sides to live in the same village, in residences that are one block away from another.

We first visit Mom's parents, staying there for two nights. In the time of my stay, I feel uncomfortable at how cold Mom is treating me, whether alone or when we are with Grandparents and Dad. I can't help but ridicule her in my heart, being a Mother yet acting like a child. Shameful.

Outwardly, I respectfully refute her whenever she brings up the topic that I do not want to listen to.

Lately, when I am not occupied with the thought of being a Villainess and ruin myself anymore, I would think of my relationship with my parents.

I do sometimes wonder, if they think I was delusional, why didn't they try to stop me? Trying to reason with me?

For me who does have the memory of another life, one that grew up normally in a loving family, with normal parents, I now find myself unable to respect my Mom much, as I have opened my eyes to the reality.

'She gave birth to me. But, is she a Mother to me?' this question passes my mind

The stay with Dad's parents is more pleasant. They dote on me, after all. Mom's parents aren't bad, but with how Grandma agreeing to Mom's plan of matchmaking, I find myself feeling discontent with them.

Dad's parents are like Dad. They think I am still young. They think that there is no need for them to decide my future for me, regarding relationships in particular. When Mom tries to reason, to get their supports, Grandma puts down her decision to let me do as I want.

Mom doesn't argue, now that Dad's parents have come to a decision. Mom is not happy, but she is also fine without them on her side.

I don't understand. What is so fun about controlling my love life? Is Mom not busy enough with her work? If possible, I want to marry for love, not for benefit. Or to fulfil Mom's wish.

With the Rasalhague twins, there is no love. Not from me. I am not sure whether there is any love from them. Even though Mom is rallying about getting me engaged to one of them, what do their parents say about this anyway?

I contemplate how I can find out. Shall I request Space's assistance so I can contact the twins' parents myself?

🦋

A new year, a new term, a new class. By some miracle, most likely this otome-world's force at work, the 8 of us are in the same class in our second year.

Mercury Caduceus, Space Antares, Galaxy Pollux, Cosmos Altarf, Asterism Hamal, Venus Myrtle, Horo Rasalhague, and Scopus Rasalhague.

Except for us, no one else from the first year class is in this second year class. Good. It means I don't have to be in the same class as fools for another year.

Mars Deimos, Cosmos's drama club leader, is in this class too. She is a cheerful girl who doesn't mind me. I guess I will have a new friend soon!

She is friendly, but I didn't appreciate her much. Just like how I treated Space, now that I think about it. I will rectify that.

It is my goal to form a friendship that lasts for a long time.

One of the things to do to ensure that is by celebrating friends' birthdays. By request, Asterism's birthday celebration is a quiet affair. We go downtown to eat the cake made by Cosmos while also playing at the park. I give Asterism a bookshelf, which he chooses to put in his dorm room. Cosmos is exhausted just from knowing it. Apparently, Asterism's room is crammed enough, why would he do this to himself?!