Nice gestures.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't make it! Our sons in hospital, you need to be there for him Bry!" I semi yelled with tears flowing down my face as I paced outside the door where my son was in A&E having an emergency operation. I got a call from his track practice and said that he had an Asthma attack so here I am now in my work trousers and shirt and with my briefcase beyond worried and scared.
He tried to explain himself but I wasn't having it.
"No Bryshere I'm not dealing with your bullshit, I can't keep covering up for you when you disappoint him." I said practically yelling, peoples heads were starting to turn but I didn't care.
"Your such a poor pathetic excuse." I spat.
"Oh shut up, I'm sick and tired of you, just fuck off!" I yelled ending the call, sitting down and running my hands through my hair.

Keith's pov
I was speed walking when I tripped over a woman's briefcase, she sighed and got on her knees as documents spilled across the floor. "I'm so sorry."I said not helping running past her she looked up at me with red tired eyes.
She looked too young to be going through something that seemed to stress her so. I barged into the room where the patient was, putting on gloves over my sterilised hands and putting on my mouth mask.
"6 year old was running when he suffered a severe asthma attack. No signs of health issues, AB blood type. No signs of lung cancer on the patient though it does run through his family,Lungs are closing at rapid speeds." I nodded To the nurse and grabbed the tool.
The breathing machine on the wall was slowing down.
"We're losing him!"
"He's going into cardiac arrest!"
One of the doctors yelled.
"Not on my watch." I said getting to work.
———————————————————————-

"Family of Blake Taylor?"
My head jolted upright and I stood up as fast as a rebound.
"yes?" I questioned warily biting my bottom lip.
The nurse looked at me.
"Follow me ma'am." She said. I nodded my head and picked up my briefcase.
We took an elevator 2 floors up and we stopped outside room 301.
I opened the door and I saw my babyboy hooked up to machines as he slept. When I heard the door close to signal the nurse had left I lost my composure. I cried silently as I kissed his forehead and squeezed his hand.
"Oh my precious baby." I looked at his lips slightly parted as he slept.
"He'll be fine." I heard a deep voice behind me.
I turned around and saw a black tall doctor with freckles looking over at me in his scrubs
"Doctor powers." He walked over to me and held his hand out showing his pearly whites.
I shook it. He went to the machines and started turning them off one by one as he unhooked them.
"I did have to do an emergency surgery as his lungs were caving in quickly. So what I did was slice his chest and move away some Brest tissues that were stiffening the heart. I advise him to be on bed rest for a week and I'll book him a checkup to remove the bandage. He can leave as soon as he wakes up just remember to check out at the front desk." He stood back up straight making eye contact.
"I am sorry about knocking your briefcase back there." He added
"It's ok. You were saving my son." I nodded feeling slightly better smiling a little.
He gave a head nod and walked out the room.
"Thank you, by the way." I said and he turned back around.
"It's what I do." He winked.
Keith's pov
I was walking past a room when I heard arguing. The door was open and I got a glimpse of that woman from earlier. She seemed to be so aggravated with the person on the other end.
"Forget you." She yelled. Putting her phone done and she knelt over bursting into tears.
I knocked on her door. And she dried her eyes before looking at me.
"I need to checkup on Blake." I lied. What am I doing? To be honest I just wanted to be around her, something had me intrigued by her like I wanted to know her story. Sike Nah who am I bullshitting, I'm just nosey.
I walked in and got a thermometer checking his temperature. There was still tears in her eyes when I looked up at her and she looked away quickly fanning them.
"Are you oka-"
"I'm fine." She said.
"Oh okay." I said feeling like an idiot walking back out the door again and mentally punching myself.
———————————————————————————
Blake had just woken up and we was in the car park looking for my car.
"Are you kidding me wheres my-" I stopped when I remembered that I'd left it at work and practically ran down here due to all the traffic there was. I stood There defeated. In an empty car park ,in the dark with a hungry and tired child. I looked down at my phone that was now dead.
"Mommy, I'm hungry." I heard Blake say, as he yawned leaning more into my side whilst rubbing his eyes.
"I know baby, you just gotta wait a little while." I said rubbing his back through his coat. I bit my lip. What do I do now?
The reception at the doctors was closed and I was definitely not walking home.
A black Porsche pulled up and I immediately rolled my eyes.
Out stepped Bryshere.
"Hey lil man." He cheesed to Blake. As he picked him up. He smiled pleased to see his dad.
"Daddy I missed you today, where were you?" He questioned, Bryshere was meant to go to practice with him.
" lilo, had a recital." He said putting Blake down
"Oh." Blake's head dropped at the thought of his snobby step sister.
"But here I'll make up for it." He said pulling out a blue bill.
I scoffed, he can't bribe the kid with money. Blake looked up with a confused look.
"Okay." Bry said awkwardly stuffing his hands in his pockets fiddling. He pulled out a McDonald's coupon and Blake slowly took at it as he eyed the crumpled paper.
"There you go." He smiled patting his back.
"So, get in the car." Bry nodded and opened the back door. Numerous women were all up on each other kissing and fucking, I quickly shielded my sons eyes, horrified.
"No!" I yelled.
"We're not getting in a nasty ass car with your slutty broads."
"Who you raising your voice at!" He yelled getting in my face.
"You nigga." I said as I pushed him. He pushed me back as his face and ears turned red.
"FIND YOUR OWN WAY TO GET HOME THEN, COME ON BLAKE." Bry grabbed Blake's hand and the boy pulled away running back to me with fear in his eyes.
"Fuck yall, you can both find a way to get back because I ain't taking ya ungrateful asses." He spat.