Chapter 34- Serenity

XANDER'S POV

Later that evening...

It's already midnight. This day was definitely a blast and everyone went home to their respective houses except me.

It sucked taking a shower with a gunshot wound on my shoulder. I literally took almost an hour to clean myself, and Emily might have fallen asleep while waiting for me.

Ugh, fuck it. I still want to cuddle with her, you know.

I inwardly groan upon seeing her lying peacefully in bed with her eyes closed and her body adorably curled up as she hugs the pillow closely. I know she's tired from our flight this morning and has been hyperactive since we arrived home. She badly needed sleep that's why I don't want to wake her up—even if I want to.

And why would you even want to? For fuck's sake, just let her rest for a few more days before thinking of banging her!

I feel like Jace has somehow managed to hack my subconscious and took over. But no, I'm dead serious. I just want to cuddle with her while we talk.

After donning on my comfort clothes, I put the lights off and turn the bedside lamp on before finally slipping in the covers beside her. I wrap my arms around her from behind in a comforting embrace. The feeling of my chest pressed right up against her small, warm frame is literally my own definition of contentment.

My face glows up in happiness when her eyelids start to tremble until they open. She doesn't usually wake up in small sounds and movements like this, so she might be having some little trouble in sleeping right now.

She blinks twice in the dimmed lights and slowly turns her head to see me.

"Xander?" she croaks.

"Hmm?" I tighten my arms around her even more as my warm breath kisses the back of her neck.

"I thought it was someone else..." she mumbles, sounding half asleep.

Her answer has struck a sharp feeling on my chest. She was definitely traumatized and the paranoia is filling her in.

I reach for her hand, lace my fingers along with hers and murmurs, "I'm here now and I will never leave your side ever again."

She smiles at me before pouting her lips out for a smack, and I happily oblige.

"Now close your eyes and go back to sleep."

"Okay..." she turns her head away from me and holds my hand tighter. She then closes her eyes as sleep takes her again. Our bodies then start to relax around each other and soon enough, her soft snores fill the silence of the room.

Can we be like this forever? Just me and her...on this bed alone, in pure bliss.

And by pure bliss you mean...?

God, I love this girl so much I will do anything to keep her mine forever and make sure she's safe and happy with me.

With my face in her hair, I adjust my affected arm and hold her in a spoon position. I really miss her sweet smell and how it caresses my nose and relaxes my senses. There is literally no space between us, and that's how I like it. I am enjoying this little moment and force myself to sleep a few minutes later but I can't.

Everything might be fine now, but there's a lot of things that have been boggling my mind since I woke up from the hospital.

The big boss, Antonio de Luca...where is he? I'm worried he might find a way to get back at us so I have to go to the police tomorrow to talk to Detective Wayne about this. We seriously need to have bodyguards around, and Jace and his family are not exempted because he was also a big part of this. I can't start my life over again with these unresolved problems. I have to make sure that we're totally safe before proceeding to fix my license and progressing my studio in the city.