26

Aaron's POV

"Brushing a girl's hair
behind her ear
once a day
will solve more problems
than all those
therapists
and drugs."
Atticus

   "What did you write on the note?" Seth asks and stuffs his hands in his pockets

"What did you write on the note?" Seth asks and stuffs his hands in his pockets. I look over at him and shake my head. "I didn't write anything." I lie and keep walking. I keep my head forward but I can feel Seth staring at me.

Daniel and James had to leave due to some game that came out and they want to try it out.

"How's your mom?" He asks.

"I haven't see her, the bastard brainwashed her and now I'm the bad guy." I mumble and pick at the skin near my thumb.

"What the hell? Why does she think your the bad guy?" He questions in anger.

"For trying to take Ray away."

"That son of a bi-," he starts but I give him a look.

"It's fine dude, I'm used to it." I mutter.

I approach my car put my hand on the hood and lean on it. "Look Seth, I'm gonna have to miss school for a few days."

"What? Why?" He says in confusion. I say that same sentence every month and return to one of their apartments at an ungodly hour, high on sadness.

His hair blows in the wind and it reminded me of clouds for a second. I don't know why.

"It's getting too much man." I whisper and lean my head back, closing my eyes.

"I don't get it, you were conversing and you looked alright in the auditorium." He says in slight frustration and search's my eyes desperately for the answers everyone wants.

Why am I like this?

"I did that for Aurora." I explain simply and massage my temples.

"Why?" He pushes on further, not getting the message.

"Because she's in it too deep. She likes me too much." I snap and narrow my eyes in anger.

"Your not making any sense!" Seth shouts and grabs my shoulder, shaking them.

"I'm trying to be better for her! She doesn't deserve the 'depressed, suicidal, rich asshole' as people call me! I'm..." I close my eyes in agony and feel stupid little tears sting the corner of my eyes.

"..trying." I emphasize and open my eyes to Seth's sad and pitiful ones. "Don't give me that look." I warn and look away, sniffling quietly.

Thank god the parking lot was empty. This is the first time I've cried in decades. And honestly, it's getting too much.

"Maybe.. you should take a few days off. Maybe catch up on sleep? Your eyes are really dark and maybe clear your week for a chance? To relax. I know work has been your main source of stress." He rants like he usually does when he's sad, I glance to his hands and see them clenched, shaking slightly.

"Works not always the main source of stress or the reason of my depression." I spit out the last word like it left a sour taste in my mouth. Ever since that stupid therapist declared I have it, that's what the boys have been calling me.

"The main source is myself, my mind, my heart, me in general. The voices that keep fucking tell me to die." I say calmly and close my eyes briefly.

Seth's stays quiet for a while and just stares at nothing in general.

"Have you been going to that therapist?" He finally says in a small voice.

"They don't do shit." I mumble and open my car door. Before gettin in I pause for a second.

"Look, don't worry about me. It's just the stress of today. I'll be fine and dandy tomorrow after I've slept." I assure Seth and force a smile that he saw right through. But nods nevertheless.

I get in and drive off to my apartment. I glance at myself in the rear view mirror and cringe at the prominent circles around my eyes and the sickly pale color my skins gotten.

I arrive shortly and I take the elevator to my apartment. "How are you sir?" Asks the security guard when the elevators open.

"I'm okay Dom, and you?" I ask politely and put my thumb on the fingerprint pad next to my door.

"Splendid." He replies happily. I give him a half smile and mutter quietly, "that makes one of us."

I open the door and flick on the lights. I kick off my shoes and cringe at the eerily quietness and loneliness feeling in the penthouse.

I go straight to my room and change into some comfortable clothes. The bed is neat and the messiness was cleaned up from this morning. Thank god for Macy.

"Macy? Fold these please." I call for the maid and refer to the god awful uniform.

I jog to the bathroom and open the cabinet, rummaging for a secret potion.

My hands wrap around the pill bottle and I just look at for a few seconds. Sleeping pills. I twist off the cap carelessly and tilt the bottle onto the palm of my hand.

I keep it tilted until about five are in my palm. I close the bottle and put it back. I look at the mirror and then back at the pills.

Do it.

It doesn't matter what happens to you.

I shake the voice away and take a few breathers. I've done this before, I can do it again.

"It's the only way you'll even be able to close your eyes." I remind myself and pop them into my mouth, taking a big gulp of water.

It's the only damn way.

Thanks for reading x