Chapter 6: don't assume

Kun stirred the sauce absentmindedly while his thoughts wandered to a certain shorter but more muscular black-haired boy for the 1000th time today.

Doyoung sighed and turned of the stove so the sauce wouldn't break.
"I also find your love life a thousand times more interesting than this sauce, whose name I can't even pronounce, but if we don't learn how to make this sauce delicious, we might fail this semester. So, focus, Kun!"

Kun flinched and his eyes almost popped out when Doyoung interrupted his thoughts. He nodded and tried to focus on stirring meticulously and regulating the heat.
Doyoung nodded satisfied and promised to take Kun out for dinner if the teacher approved their sauce.

Kun stirred a few more times before taking the pot off the stove and elegantly pouring the sauce onto the plate filled with cooked meat and vegetables.
The teacher came and eyed their sauce warily but nodded after he had controlled the texture and had had a taste as well.

Doyoung and Kun high-fived and wandered outside to their favorite restaurant which wasn't very well-known but had a good reputation in its neighborhood.
It was a small family business and Kun loved all the dishes which would never pass any of his teacher's examinations but had its own unique taste to it.

"Should we drink today? Let's cheer for a good exam," Doyoung suggested.
"We won't drink when we get the exam results?" Kun asked.

"We'll drink then too," Doyoung laughed. "Come on. Let's loosen up a bit. As long as you don't get distracted during the exam, we won't fail."
"I won't get distracted!" Kun promised.

"Of course you won't. There are still three weeks till the exam. Till then you should have sorted your feelings and either accepted or rejected Ten," Doyoung answered nonchalantly and opened the bottle that had been brought.

Kun blushed at that comment and looked to the ground embarrassed.
"Don't worry. I'm just joking," Doyoung promised while he poured first Kun and then him a glass.

"But at least consider Ten. He's a good guy," he smiled lightly and remembered the giddy smile Ten had worn while he wrote to Kun. Although he couldn't and wouldn't force anything, he did wish that Kun would accept Ten.

Kun smiled at the genuine feelings Doyoung displayed for his friend. It took more than big words and impressive dance moves to attract friends like Doyoung. Ten and Doyoung seemed like complete opposites to Kun but just like Doyoung Ten had also spoken truthfully but kindly of his friend.

And the way Ten had talked about his friends yesterday, made Kun realize how much the young man appreciated and knew the people around him.

He looked down at the glass Doyoung had filled for him without being asked to. He gripped the glass and smiled. With a loud cheer he clinked his glass to Doyoung's and drank a big gulp.
.
.
.
"I liked everything! I liked his attention and I liked his stories. I liked his compliments and I liked his face. I liked his forward attitude and I liked his considerate questions. I... I liked...," Kun slurred with droopy eyes.

"So, are you going to say Yes?" Doyoung asked with a giddy smile. He wasn't as drunk as Kun but not too far either.

"I-I don't know!" Kun whined and looked like he was about to cry. "He's nice but this is the first time someone's been this interested in me and I don't know what to do. And I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the fact that he's a guy either!"

"Nothing! Don't do anything about that!" Doyoung slammed his empty glass on the table for emphasis startling the people sat at the table next to them. "What does it matter? A guy? So what! Are you even heterosexual?"

"I don't know..." Kun answered and an actual tear escaped his left eye.
"You don't know and so you're assuming you're heterosexual," Doyoung answered with a softer voice. "You're just assuming that because you've never been told better. Don't assume anything. You don't have to know. Just like who you like."

Kun nodded and smiled at Doyoung.
"You're such a great friend!" he wasn't slurring anymore but singing instead.
"Just come to me if you need advice!" Doyoung proudly patted his chest.

"Then, help me!" Kun begged and his eyes finally opened although he had some trouble keeping them open.
"Sure, what is it?" Doyoung asked, propped his elbow on the table and leaned forward.

Kun leaned forward as well and their noses bumped.
"I have to meet Ten's friend for dinner on Monday," Kun practically breathed into Doyoung's mouth.

Doyoung didn't mind being so close he could smell the alcohol in Kun's breath because he was drunk as just as drunj and breathed back, "Yes, TY. He already likes you."

"Anyway, the problem is," Kun continued and only celebrated in his mind that he was already liked by Ten's friend. "The problem is. Monday is so far. I want to see Ten again before that!"

"Ask him out," Doyoung advised simply.
"Can I just do that?" Kun asked like a child who had finally understood that Duplo and Lego were different and didn't belong in the same box.

"Yes. Now!" Despite being drunk Doyoung couldn't let this opportunity slip. This was Ten's chance!
Kun bravely pulled out his phone and messaged Ten as well as he could in his current state.

"Tomorrow! We're meeting!" Kun announced when he was finished and shoved his phone back in his pocket.
Doyoung nodded satisfied, "Problem solved?"

Kun nodded and giggled cutely. But right after he stopped, his eyes closed instantly and his head fell on the table heavily.

Doyoung took care of the bill and forced himself to stay awake and carry Kun's body to the car that had arrived to pick them up. He had some trouble getting to the car without losing Kun but arrived there in the end.
He shoved the unconscious Kun in the backseat and sat on passenger seat himself.

"You think I have a lot of time?" His girlfriend asked annoyed but she had still come to pick him up.
"I'm sorry. I'll...be more considerate next time," he answered sleepily. He reached for the seat belt and buckled it in.

She sighed, "It's okay. I needed to get out if the studio anyway."
"I love you. Thank you so much for coming," he answered but his voice started to fade as he fell asleep. Soon soft snores faded out words and she could only smile as her handsome boyfriend gave no sign of waking up anytime soon.

She got off, opened the door to the backseat and properly buckled Kun up. Then she got back on the driver's seat and started the car.

If anyone hasn't noticed, I changed one sentence about Jungwoo in chapter four. You can either go back and look it up or just keep on reading. You'll realize with time what has been changed. Or not.
Then I guess it's not so bad. I'm just saying it in case someone will wonder in the future and ask, "Didn't you say something else once?"

And also thank you very much to the five something readers^^
I do appreciate it (: