Chapter Thirty-Seven - The Demon's Queen - End

The Demon's Queen

Sebastian fidgeted nervously with the lapel on his shirt. Inspecting himself in the mirror he frowned at his appearance. It seemed so odd having the curse broken. He'd grown so used to his demonic form that he now felt out of place in his own skin.

Something moved behind him. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Nicholas standing silently by the window.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked, slightly irritated.

Nicholas smiled and shrugged. "Only long enough to see you straighten that lapel five or six times."

"It feels strange, being like this again," he admitted.

"Are you nervous about today?"

"No," Sebastian snapped before flinching, "Yes...Maybe. I don't know." What he did know was Victoria would be pissed. She wasn't overly fond of elves.

"I'll be anxious to hear what happens."

"I'll let you know." Turning towards Nicholas he asked, "Any news?"

Nicholas scowled. "I have not yet found Shaw."

Sebastian all but growled. "I want that dog to pay for what he did." He would hunt the bastard down himself but he was loath to leave Victoria now. Not when he'd just claimed her and with the bond so new. Desire coursed through him at the thought of her bearing his mark for all to see.

Nicholas stepped away from the wall. "Rest easy master, I will find him."

Sebastian had no doubts that the mercenary would stay true to his word. If anyone could hunt down that bastard Vincent Shaw and kill him it was this man. It went without saying that Nicholas also cared deeply for Victoria and had just as much loyalty towards his female as he did Sebastian.

"Keep me informed." Sebastian glanced at the clock and drew in a deep breath.

Nicholas laughed at his obvious discomfort. "Good luck, master."

******

"What is she doing here?" Victoria snapped angrily. She glared at the elven female perched on Sebastian's desk like she owned the place.

"Victoria." Charles gently pushed her further into Sebastian's office. "This is Mia and she is part of the elven council. I have brought her here to speak to you."

"Hiya." Mia beamed, waving her hand. She was tiny and thin, with short red hair and pointed ears. Two short swords were strapped to her back.

Clenching her fists Victoria scowled at the elf, before turning to an extremely guilty looking Sebastian. "What is this?"

"Charles insisted," Sebastian said as if to explain.

"Charles?" She turned back towards the vampire, who backed away sheepishly and went to stand beside Jasper, slipping his arm casually around the spectral demons waist. Jasper blushed but didn't try to move away. She was still a little surprised that Jasper was Charles' mate, but she was also extremely happy for the spectral demon. "She has information on your mother."

Her heart thumped. "My mother?"

"We've been trying to figure out why Shaw and the Legion want you so badly," Sebastian said. "I've had Charles looking into it."

Placing her hands on her hips she raised her brows with irritation. "And you didn't tell me this?"

Going to her Sebastian cupped the side of her neck, his warm palm pressing against his mark. "I didn't want to worry you further. Or get your hopes up."