seven.

+ 1A +

+ 1A +

I pulled the white curtain on the last cubicle open, making it ready for the long night of examinations ahead. I quickly sighed before turning around on my heel, my brown curly hair swaying behind me as I walked back to the front desks that guarded the entrance to the recruitment building.

That's exactly where I would be sitting most of the night, with 4 other USO girls ready to hand out and register the men's 4F's or 1A's while attempting to find a man that would be eligible and send him to Dr Erskine. That was primarily my job, which was the only reason I'm here, because shockingly the job of administrating recruited is extremely boring, so at least I had a fun job.

The USO girls already sat at their desks, talking in between themselves. Bright red lipstick and victory curls supporting their loud and obnoxious voices.
"Agent" Dr Erskine shouted from around the corner, poking his head around the wall as I turned around to look at him. "Doctor" I replied quickly, all of the conversation in the room stopping and listening in on ours. "Not many people will be here while Mr Stark is presenting, so if you would like to go watch his expo you are more than welcome to" He said to me with a smile.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a burden, Howard isn't that important" I said trying to get out of seeing Howard as much as possible, as he seemed to get on my nerves every time I spoke to him.

Allison may like him, but Alyona sort of doesn't.

"I'm sure, it won't be too fun if you're behind the desk all night, all Agents need a break" he replied to my plead, nodding his head reassuringly, trying to convince me to go. "Okay, sure then" I said, nodding my head and giving in much to my demise. Erskine moved from the door back to what he was doing, and the girls were all looking over at me with wide eyes. "You gals okay?" I said sweetly looking at them as I shifted on my feet slightly under the many cat lined eyes.

"You know Howard Stark, like personally?" A blonde one asked me, a star struck look on her face as her mouth was agape a little. "Sure do, he's not that special trust me" I said shrugging my shoulders, trying to steer an end to this conversation. "You're so lucky, we have to sit here all night, that's not fair" another one moaned, a frown on her face as the others nodded in agreement. "Yes well, I have orders to complete, and sitting behind a desk sure doesn't help me complete them effectively" I snapped a little too aggressively.

"Okay then" a red headed one said with pursed lips before turning back to the girl next to her, making conversation flow again, all of them yapping to each other again. I quickly rolled my eyes before turning on my heel and walking out of the building, looking at the projection that was against a wall of a group soldiers, a gap in one of their faces for people to stand and have a reflection of their own face staring back at them. 

I walked quickly, my heels clicking against the floor, lights illuminating the sky. I walked past the large turning orb that sat in the middle of the expo, shooting beams of light everywhere. The space was quickly filling up with people, girls pulling the hands of boys, many in military uniforms matching mine. I made my way to the stage that had a car sitting in the middle of it, making my way to the stairs and swiftly walking up them 2 at a time, leading into the wings.