Chapter 39 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

Chapter 39
Nigel Quintin Ulysses

Maximus has given me a ride while Marcus transformed into his wolf form, getting home since my parents were already waiting for me in the house and they would like to see me. They have also gotten a call from school, stating that I have been absent for most days and they would like an explanation. They didn't sound angry when they called me over the phone, but my mom sounded disappointed with me.

So now, we're in the front of my house while my heart is beating rapidly, pounding against my chest hard as if it wants to burst out of my chest and run off. I let Marcus know to come with me, and I want to introduce him to my parents as my boyfriend. I don't know what their reaction would be; I mean, I've known my parents since I was a kid, and I know they aren't religious and all that shit, but something at the back of my head tells me that they wouldn't accept me – that fear is there, right in my heart. I have read stories about a person coming out as gay to their parents and friends, but they didn't accept them, or worst, the parents kicked them out. I don't want the same thing to happen to me. My parents may always be away, but I love them to death.

Marcus seems to realize the anxiety rolling off of me, and he takes my hand and gives it a light squeeze, resting his forehead against mine as his breathe fan my face. I lick my lower lip, my whole body slightly trembling, and his eyes flick over it. He looks at me for confirmation and I give a slight nod as a response, so he leans down and captures my lips with his.

At first the kiss is sweet, gentle, and passionate. The way his lips mold against mine is perfect, like how it's meant to be in the first place. I can feel the emotion, the electricity passing through, as we share a magical moment. Marcus cups my face, and his other free hand rests at the back of my neck, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss. He nibbles on my lower lip, asking permission to slip his tongue in, so I part my lips and he slips his tongue inside. This time, he kisses me rougher, hard, but just as passionate. He pulls me closer, his hand at the back of my neck moving downward to my waist, his fingers lifting the hem of my shirt. While his tongue roams inside my mouth, tasting every part of me, his thumb draws circle against my bare skin. As if that's not enough to make me crazy. The whole time, my eyes are shut, but that doesn't stop my eyes from rolling at the back of my head. After a few minutes of making out in front of my house, Marcus pulls away and I whine internally at the lost contact of his lips from mine. He smiles at me and I feel my fear and anxiety fading away. He has that power on me.

"Better?" he asks, his voice soft as his eyes bore into mine that makes my heart skip a beat.

I nod my head at him, smiling just as big as he's sporting. "Better."

I take a deep breathe, finding the courage to just go inside my house and tell my parents what's going on with my life – of course, leaving the part that werewolves exist or else they'd think I'm on drugs or some sort – and tell them that Marcus is my boyfriend. The last time news they've got from me is how Julia and I were doing so I can already see the shocked expression they are going to make when they learn that I have a boyfriend now. A hot one.

Taking the knob of the door, I release the breath that I've been holding and look at Marcus, who in return smiles bright at me, winking. I let out a small laugh, glad that he's here beside me and more glad that he's my boyfriend. I shake my head, turning the knob and opening the door.

The television is turned on as the volume is set a bit high than normal, indicating that my father is watching. There's a noise in the kitchen area, and I hear the pops of the kitchen oil. I smell Hungarian sausage, since that's my dad's favorite. I take my boyfriend's hand and let him in.