Part 33

I never do notes up top but there is a dream sequence in this chapter that could be slightly triggering so just wanted to give a little heads up.
🖤 thanks for reading

-

When the door closed behind the man she sank to the floor, covering her face in her hands and letting out a sob. Jimin dropped next to her and held her by the shoulders.

"Y/n, what is going on? Who was that?" He asked, his wide, panicked eyes searching her broken face as she continued to cry.

The door burst open and Jimin heard footsteps running in. "Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU?" Jimin recognized Hoseok's shouting voice and stood to quickly wave him behind the counter. The man sighed in relief and turned to lock the door and turn off the open light before hurrying over to them. He quickly slid to the floor and gathered the sobbing girl to him, rocking her gently. "I saw him coming out as I was headed here. I just found out yesterday that he was back in the country. What did he do to her? What did he say?"

"I-I don't really understand what happened..." Jimin said, shaking his head in confusion. "He barely said anything, he just bought all the lemon bars and said he missed her and," he blinked against the tears that were pricking his eyes. "He said she was his girl. He called her b-baby," he choked. "Who is he hyung? What is going on?" He said through clenched teeth.

Hoseok sighed, still rocking her against his chest. "That was Choi Seunghyun, y/n's ex. They started dating when she and I were in college. She immediately fell deeply in love with him but he was...not good to her. He was very emotionally abusive, and she never admitted it, but I think physically as well. He controlled every aspect of her life and it took her a very long time to realize he didn't truly love her the way she loved him. When she finally left him, he...lost it. He was stalking her, he broke her windows, he..." Hoseok paused and shook his head before continuing. "His father is an important government figure, so they shipped him out of the country rather than letting him face any real consequences," he looked down at the broken girl in his arms and brushed her hair back from her face. Her sobs had quieted, she was now crying silently into his shirt. "That was about two and a half years ago. He did some real damage to her but she's been slowly becoming her old self again."

Tears slid down Jimin's face as he looked at the woman he loved, his heart breaking at her story. "I don't know what to do now hyung," he said softly.

Hoseok looked over at him, smiling softly. "For now I need to get her home. Can you get this place cleaned up on your own?"

"Of course," he replied, helping the older pull her to her feet. Hoseok then pulled her onto his back, gripping her thighs behind him as Jimin opened the door for them. "I'll be home soon," he said, as Hoseok walked away. Jimin turned and shuffled to the kitchen, methodically cleaning it as he played the scene over and over in his head, the man's words echoing again and again.

When he was finished Jimin hurried home. He opened the door to find Hoseok pacing the living room.

"Oh, good you're here. I have to go, Taehyung called me. Listen Chim," he said seriously, stepping closer and speaking softly to the cat. "She isn't going to be able to work tomorrow at least, maybe longer. We might have to shut the bakery down for a while," he said, looking toward the bedroom uncertainly.

"What? No! We can't hyung, the bakery is her dream it's her life," Jimin insisted, his eyes wide and his voice intense but quiet.

"Well, Yoongi can't run it on his own tomorrow. What do you suggest we do?" Hoseok asked, spreading his hands helplessly.

"I can go work with Yoongi hyung if you can come here and stay with y/n," Jimin offered hopefully. "Please hyung, it would crush her to close it down."