Chapters 291-300

Chapter 291: End of the Line

“Everyone, let’s rest for a minute.”

Inside the mountain forest, Ling Yushi said so to her clansmen while putting down a young girl she was carrying on her back who was around six to seven. After that, she wiped the sweat seeping out of her forehead.

She knew that this wasn’t the ideal time to stop, but she had to take the physical condition of her clansmen into account, especially considering how tired they were from running for such an extended period of time. If they didn’t stop to rest, then some of her clansmen might even die from sheer exhaustion before the martial practitioners of Seven Fiends Valley reached them.

Not far away, the Ling Family’s clan elders, Ling Bo, Ling Xiang, and Ling Kangan were all deathly pale.

In the end, the trio who were carried by the youths of the clan still found the long trip a little more than they could handle. As of this moment, they were holding themselves up against trees and vomiting. It was so severe that it was as if they would end up expelling their own innards.

The moment they, as a group, came to a stop, many people laid flat on the ground, not wanting to move even a finger.

Others were hurriedly looking for a place to relieve themselves.

“Yushi, Xuanxuan, Little Feng, come over.” Ling Chengzhi waved his hands at the trio.

The trio arrived by Clan Elder Ling Kangan’s side.

Ling Kangan, who had recovered a little and was now wiping the filth from his mouth turned his head and looked at them weakly.

However, his murky eyes were currently shining with an excited light, “The Seven Fiends Valley martial practitioners chasing after us were all killed by you all? Truly?”

Ling Chengzhi was also gripping his fist and looked incredibly excited.

It was as if he had seen something that could renew the Ling Family’s hope.

“You aren’t the only ones who find this hard to believe. Even we are still confused and unsure if we are the ones who did it.” Ling Feng gripped his Fire Cloud Hammer tightly. Ever since he discovered that the Fire Cloud Hammer had become infinitely powerful, he was no longer willing to put it away. Instead, he held it at all times and toyed with the weapon tirelessly. “I believe that Grandpa Qin Shan came to us back then with some purpose in mind. It was not without reason.”

Ling Chengzhi and Ling Kangan both nodded inwardly.

At this point, they all guessed that Qin Shan must be an extraordinary person. Otherwise, there was no way he would know the secrets of Ling Family and be able to predict that some of their hair would one day turn purple.

“Unfortunately, Grandpa Qin Shan isn’t around. Otherwise, all of the mysteries could be solved.” Ling Yushi softly sighed.

“Little Shi, Xuanxuan, Little Feng, you must be strong!” Ling Kangan’s expression was a little more animated. “As long as we survive this crisis and can figure out the secrets of your bodies, the Ling Family… may truly be able to rise to power. One day, the Ling Family may even be able to become a force as powerful as Profound Heaven Alliance and Eight Extreme Temple!”

The moment those words came out of his mouth, everyone grew enthusiastic as if they could already see the picture he depicted in their heads.

“Clan elder! Clan elder! Little Yun! Look at Little Yun!” It was at this moment someone cried out from behind the crowd.

Ling Kangan, Ling Chengzhi, Ling Yushi, and the others hurriedly turned their heads and looked at the little girl who was only around eleven to twelve.