Chapter 31: The Storm Continues

The storm isn't over yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Chapter 31: The Storm Continues

       The storm was going to be here for a while but it started letting up just a bit. Josh said it was safe enough to get me to the hospital and now was the best chance to do it before the storm got worse again. 

       Dad, Grant, and Shaw came with me to the hospital and thankfully, I didn't even have to stay for observant after they took care of my injuries. It was probably because my injuries weren't as severe as other ones, and the hospital was filling up quite fast. I guessed we weren't the only people out in the storm right now.

       I had to use a crutch to move around and as we walked to the front door of the hospital, I was already getting annoyed. I was going to have to use this for few weeks which sucked because I walked to get anywhere I wanted.

       Once we were outside, I noticed that yet again, the storm picked up. It wasn't as heavy as before, especially with the wind only blowing lightly this time. The rain was still pouring down though.

       We got here by Shaw's car, so we all got back in before Shaw pulled out of the parking lot and started driving through the village. It wasn't often people drove through Spruceworth. Everyone mainly walked or biked wherever they had to go since it was a lot cheaper than buying gas just to drive less than five minutes.

       However, we didn't even get far before Shaw had to pull over to the side of the road and parked his car. "I shouldn't drive anymore," he said. "I can barely see the road because of the rain. But we are close to Lawrence and Tara's home so I guess we're going back there."

       We got out of the car which was a bit of a struggle for me since I couldn't put too much pressure on my leg. Grant was the first one out of the car so he got to the side I was on and helped me out while Dad got my crutch out of the car and handed it to me.

       The wind was starting to pick up again so we had to hurry back to Lawrence and Tara's place. Well, we tried hurrying. I couldn't walk too fast because of my stupid injury.

       In the end, Shaw gave me a piggyback ride while Dad carried my crutch all the way back.

       "Good news," Shaw said as we got inside the house and he let me back onto the ground. "Ollie's okay."

       "Back already?" Josh asked. "People are never released this early."

       "True, but the hospital is filling up quite fast," Shaw said. "And since Ollie's injury isn't severe, they had to make room for other people who need it."

       "Which is a good thing," I said. "I've had enough of hospitals lately."

       "Hey, weren't there four of you?" Noah asked.

       "What do you mean?" Shaw ashed.

       "Four of you left and only three of you are here," Noah asked. "So where's the other one?"

       I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling confused as I looked around only to notice that Grant wasn't inside the house. Maybe he was just walking a bit behind us and was right by the door but when I looked outside, I didn't see any sign of him.

       Not again.

      I pulled out my cell phone and tried calling him but there wasn't any answer. "I don't get it," I said, putting my cell phone back into my pocket. "He was right behind us."

       "I swear, that kid likes getting himself into trouble," Shaw said as he walked back out in the storm to go looking for Grant yet again.

       Even though I should really just rest my ankle and it would have been a lot more dangerous for me out in the storm since I was injured, I followed Shaw outside where the wind had picked up again.