The Friend Zone

Luke's pov:

Friends

Who knew I would grow to hate that word.

I hated that as much as I would like to call her mine, I couldn't.

I had to take it slow, as much as it torture's me to say it.

"So... what now?" Her delicate voice asks as she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

It was the little things that made me fall head over heels for her. I couldn't see her as a friend, even if I tried.

The way her eyes held a sense of innocence, yet they captivated me.

The way when she is nervous, she blushes and tries to hide her face, but as much as she would try, I was always reluctant to see the beautiful shade of pink I have come to love take its place on her cheeks.

The way when she would smile, it would brighten up the whole entire room, and she wouldn't even realize it.

I was so memorized just by looking at her that I almost forgot to answer, "I don't know."

But I did know.

Just being with her was enough for me to be happy.

I just wish she knew how much she affected me.

"We could-..." but she is cut off by the sound of footsteps making its way towards us.

"Luke whatever your middle name is Barrington!!!" A voice that could only be the frightening words of Julie Wells, walking towards us....

But more specifically, me.

Even though my height towers over Julie's, although she is not that short, I couldn't help but be afraid of the girl who reads books for a living.

"Yes?" I ask, weary of the fact that she used my last name, which could only mean that I, Luke Barrington, has officially f*cked up.

"Please don't tell me you did what I was just told!"

Ella and Gianna were standing behind her giving her curious looks, along with my own.

"You punched Zander in the face!" I wince as I see Ella's expression drop at Julie's words.

I did everything I could to not meet Ella's eyes, afraid of seeing what kind of emotion she would let out.

"I... yeah." I felt like a kid getting caught for stealing a piece of cake. I was embarrassed, but not regretful. Not because I wanted to punch Zander, but if he hadn't made me realize what an idiot I was, then maybe I wouldn't be here in the first place, apologizing to Ella.

Put on to my to-do list, punch myself in the face to get even.

"You did what?" Ella says, taking a step towards me.

"I know, I know, another shitty mistake I have done in the last twenty four hours."

"You got that right." I hear a new voice as the door opens up to reveal Zander walking in through the door.

...

Okay hold the f*ck up.

I know I was pissed and punched him hard, but how the hell does he not have any black and blue mark or anything.

Are his cheekbones made of steel?!

"Dude I'm-..."

"Yeah, yeah okay. Ladies I need to talk to Luke, if you don't mind." He says, they look at me real quick, except Ella's, whose eyes linger on me a little longer, before going upstairs.

Lord, if you are listening, hear this and please don't send me to hell after Zander is done with me.

I'm to young too die!

As if Zander wasn't imitating just as his regular self, he definitely was when he was standing only a couple feet away from you..

You know..

After you pissed the bitch off.

"So..."

"Are you guys dating?"

The words put me in shock as his lips that were once tucked in a straight line were now forming a small smirk.

"Huh?"

"You know, did you grow a dick after you decided to have your little whiney tantrum?" His smirk doesn't even falter as he crosses his arms.

"Hold on.. you aren't mad?" If I wasn't so confused at the moment, I probably would have took his words as a challenge.

"Okay fine, I admit, I did push a lot on you, doesn't mean I won't get you back for that."

But I only shake my head, "No I deserved it, you were right anyway."

"That you were an asshole?"

"Yeah..."

"You messed up big time?"

"Yeah but-..."

"You were an idiot?"

"Wait-.."

"And you don't have a brain?"

"Hold on-.."

"You clearly are so naive?"

"Hey, this is starting to get offensive-..."

"You lack the ability to be smart?"

"Okay!! I get it, jeez." I say as Zander grins.

"So answer my question from earlier, are you guys dating?" His question startles me again, but this time, it pained me to answer.

"....no"

...

"WHAt DO YOU MEAN NO?!! I did not get a punch to the FACE to hear that you and your tiny ass ballsack was too afraid-..."

"It's not like that!!" I say frustrated, before Zander's loud mouth would cost Ella hearing everything.

And I wanted to be the one to tell her, not the guy who looks like he is the president of the fan shipping club.

He closes his mouth and doesn't say anything as he takes a few steps back and sits on the couch, nodding his head at me to continue.

"I.. look, you have no idea how much I wanted to. But... I can't rush into things, you know?" I sigh at my own explanation.

I hated it.

I hated waiting, it made me realize how impatient I was.

I wanted to be able to hold her hand, hug her from behind, kiss her, and tell her she's mine.

"I don't know, I saw the way you were looking at her, do you really think you can stand just being called a friend?" He asks, tossing me back again in the friend zone.

"I don't know." I groan as I cover my face with my hands.

"If I were you, I would make your feelings for her clear, I mean, for all she knows, you just want to be friends."

I uncover my face with my hands and look up at him, "So what do you suggest I do?"

"One things for certain, make yourself hers, so she won't be afraid to be yours."