21 | When Tensions Are High

Y'all probably about to hate the fuck outta me when you finish this chapter😂. But we have two more chapters until you all are completely caught up with what I have on MJfiction.
****///****

Semaj's POV

I knew when Michael got snappy that it was best to leave him alone until he calmed down. Our little argument, or disagreement, whatever it was called had put a damper on my mood as well. I wasn't trying to belittle Michael's feelings nor trying to call his feelings unnecessary or invalid. I just believed that forgiving someone was the first step to healing. As long as the wound was open and burning then Michael would never be able to truly move on and allowing Joseph to have constant power over him wasn't healthy. Especially since it came to the point where Michael couldn't even stand to be in the room with him.

My grandma had always told me that you should never let someone have that much power over you. I had always taken her advice and was only trying to give it off to Michael, but I supposed my delivery wasn't as good. When I knew that he was calmer and not a bomb waiting to explode then I would try and talk to him about it again, but in a better way.

After watching him drive off, I walked to Simone's room. The minute I opened the door her and Janet tried to play sleep, but I knew they were just faking. I shut the door behind me and flipped the light on making Simone peak out from under the covers.

"So, does anyone care to explain to me what's going on? Last I checked you two weren't friends. Not that I'm upset you've made up, but when did it happen?"

The two of them slowly removed the covers from their heads and sat up in the bed. Looking at each other they debated on who should talk while I walked over to sit on Simone's side.

"We made up tonight... when I snuck her in the house."

"Simone was the only person I could turn to," Janet said. "No one else wanted to help me and I thought that she wouldn't either, but when I asked her if I could crash here she said yes. I guess that's when I realized who my true friend was." She looked over at Simone, smiling faintly. "I'm really sorry 'Mone. I didn't mean to treat you like I did."

Simone threw her arms over Janet, hugging her tightly. "I forgave you a long time ago."

"And I'm sorry to you too Semaj," Janet said. "For whatever problems I caused between you and Mike."

"You didn't cause problems Jan," I reached out to give her a hug. She accepted it almost immediately, "we both know how Michael works. He's just going through a tough moment when it comes to Katherine and Joseph getting back together."

"Tell me about it," she mumbled against my shoulder before pulling back. "What do you think I should do?"

"Well... I don't really know Janet... I can tell you the same thing I told Michael when Joseph first came back in his life months ago. Just give him a chance and see what he's all about. If he's trying with you then maybe trying with him will help to. A heart to heart on how you feel can also be beneficial, and at least after that you can come to terms with your own conclusion about Joseph instead of listening to your siblings. They were much older when Joseph was around and also when he left."

She nodded, and I stood up from the bed, "I'll talk to mom in the morning but you two should go back to sleep."

I had just reached the door when Simone stopped me.

"Majie?" Turning, I saw her smiling at me. "Thank you."

"Welcome."

I hit the light switch, closing the door behind me and then walking down the hallway to my own bedroom. Deon and Skylar had made a pallet between my bed and closet, but they were wide awake. They had been the ones to tell me that Michael was calling, not that I didn't hear the vibration of my phone on the nightstand. Both of them were laying on their stomachs, scrolling on their phones, and when I walked in Deon was the first to look back.