42

The prom part 1:

Your POV:

Jungkook had been teasing me every now and then and making it hard for me to stick to the pact that I wasn't supposed to date.

It didn't help that he knew it was killing me.

Nor the fact he always magically appears every time I break out my inner fangirl.

"Did Jungkook ask you to prom?," Yuri asked as we all started getting ready.

I pouted. Even though I would have certainly declined him, I was a little disappointed he didn't ask.

"No."

"See, I knew this would happen. You playing hard to get would eventually tire him out. It's Jeon Jungkook, y/n. How long do you think he'll chase your tail? He's got the entire world worshipping him," she tsked. "And I had just started shipping you two."

My heart sank at the thought that Jungkook gave up. Well.. who would wait 3 years for a girl?

My spirits dampened as I looked absently through the wardrobe.

"Who are you going with anyway?," she asked.

"No one, I guess. Nobody asked me," My sadness was evident.

"Seriously?"

"Who are you guys going with?"

Yuri chuckled and looked at me apologetically, "Since we're all just tagging along for our maknae graduating and couldn't possibly get dates, we decided to just go with BTS."

The black dress in my hands slipped through my fingers. "BTS is going to the prom? My prom? WHY?"

"Jungkook studies in the same school, dumbo," she raised an eyebrow. "And you are not wearing that."

"If Jungkook didn't ask you, we can surely make him regret it," she winked.

"By going to the prom naked...?"

"No, stupid," she rolled her eyes. "By wearing something else."

Arriving at the prom was an exhilarating feeling. There were fairy lights everywhere and I felt like I was in a dream. The last moments spent on this campus would be remembered as magical.

Somehow I felt relieved BTS had a schedule to attend to before coming to the school. Jungkook would not have liked the dress my group members made me wear.

It was a sheer red gown with one shoulder bare. The layers from the other fell softly across my chest all the way to the floor, accentuating my waist.

I was glad I was wearing my hair down because it somehow made me feel like I wasn't showing too much skin.

"You look beautiful, stop fiddling with your hair or I'll ruin your face before you ruin my handiwork," Minjoo whispered in my ear ominously and I instantly let go of my hair.

"Hello, stranger," Yoona winked at me. She looked... breathtaking. She was clad in a tea pink gown layered with thin lace. So chick, so Yoona.

"Well someone looks like a doll," I smiled at her.

"I'm surprised you didn't wear black. Let me guess: you didn't pick the dress," she raised an eyebrow and I gasped at how accurate she was.

"How-"

"Honestly, it still shocks you?," she scoffed and added, "you look hot.. too bad." Then laughed.

"What...?"