Complications

"I think I've seriously messed things up," Aurora told Michael, though her voice was muffled by the pillow she was shoving her face into, "I mean," she propped herself up on her elbows glancing at Michael, who was sitting in a metal chair next to her bunk. "What did the simulation even mean? I'm certainly not afraid of commitment, and I do, possibly want to have children..." she trailed off, and then let her head drop back into the pillow. "I don't know what it means!" It had been a week since she saw Eric, and every day seemed longer than the last.

"Maybe it was the simulation's way of explaining your fear of the relationship being exposed?" Michael suggested, thinking of his own simulation. "I wonder how the leaders felt about Jackson and I making out in mine."

"They've probably seen it before with other people, but this is kind of a big deal," Aurora looked at him through her hair, "With the whole trainer-initiate relationship being against the rules."

"I doubt they're going to do anything about it now, we get our apartments and start our jobs tomorrow. It's not like they can kick you out, you're their top initiate."

The sound of approaching footsteps hushed their conversation, Eric's face appeared around the corner, "Eric-!"Aurora began, but she saw Max following behind him, "and Max! What a surprise."

"Aurora," Max called, "we need to have a little talk."

_

"What in the hell were you two thinking?" Max shouted, slamming his fist down on the long conference table, "Do you know how compromising this is?"

"Well to be fair, sir, we were both drunk when it started," Aurora explained, "I'm not trying to give any excuses or anything, just an explanation." She couldn't meet eyes with Max or Eric, she looked down at her twiddling thumbs in her lap.

"Do you remember who initiated this?" Max asked, looking at the two as if they were the gum on his shoe.

"I d-" Aurora began, trying her best not to get Eric in trouble, but he cut her off mid sentence.

"I did, sir." Aurora turned and looked at Eric in shock. Was he really willing to take the fall for her?

Aurora suddenly stood to meet Max's eye level, sick of him peering down in her, "With all due respect, sir, I think the relationship rule is stupid as hell."

Eric nudged her, "Aurora sit down," he told her before grabbing her arm lightly.

"No," she said while ripping her arm from his grip, "What's the big deal anyway? We're two consenting adults," Max sat down in his seat while Aurora continued on, "and if it's a crime to love someone then kick me out of the faction. Make me factionless, but don't take it out on him."

Eric looked at Aurora, he was speechless, she just said she loved him. "Eric, can I talk to you alone?" Max asked, "You can go out in the hall, Aurora. I've heard more than enough about your thoughts on the situation."

Aurora huffed, walking out of Max's office and sitting down on the stone floor. She didn't know how long she sat there, but he leg was starting to fall asleep. When the door opened she stood and looked to see who it was.

Max stepped out into the hall, followed by Eric, who pulled Aurora into a tight hug. Max awkwardly cleared his throat and then stepped back into his office, closing the door.

"This past week without you has been hell, you know that?" Aurora sighed into his chest. "What happened in there?" She asked, looking up at him.

"It doesn't matter," Eric said, "all that matters is that we're together." His hand moved from her waist to her hand. He kissed the top of her head, relieved that they could finally do it in the open. They didn't have to sneak off anymore.

They could be together out in the open, and there was no consequences.

-
Hi ew,
I've barely had inspiration for this story, and this part of it is almost over anyway. Oof.

I love this story, and I probably won't update it in a while because I have NO INSPIRATION AND IT SUCKS.

But hey if you like Bohemian Rhapsody I have a Joe Mazzello story you can read to bid the time. ;)