Chapter One

Chapter One

You open your eyes to a room you aren't familiar with. The walls are covered in a yellow paneling and the carpet is white. You notice that you have no shoes which seems odd. Actually, this is really odd. How did you get here? You look to your left and see a raggedy man with a small ponytail and some scruffy stubble. He looked tired. To your right was a girl with her long, black hair in a braid that sat on her shoulder. Both looked to be around your age and seemed just as confused as you did.

"Sorry, I know this may seem absurd, but can either of you tell me where I am?" You requested.

The man shifted, "I was going to ask you if you knew." His answer didn't satisfy you, so you looked to the girl. She returned your stare.

"I don't know anything either. Let's try and figure out together," Her gaze was sharp and inquisitive. "My name is Jenna."

"Don," was the simple reply from your left.

"And I'm (y/n)," you smiled. "at least we aren't alone!" Jenna didn't seem amused and your face quickly fell to a more neutral expression. Jenna inhaled and began to scan the room. You all instantly recognized the lack of doors and windows. You could feel a panic building up in you. Where were you and how did you get here? This wasn't adding up in your mind. You struggled to remember what was happening right before now. What were you doing? Was it morning? "Can either of you remember where you were before you were in this room?" you asked.

Jenna stopped pacing around the room for a moment, "I'm not sure. I, ah... hm."

"Not remembering what I was doing is kind of normal for me, so I won't bother trying," Don chuckled.

"Do either of you remember anything? Like... maybe you were at work? Is it the weekend? Are we all tripping really hard at a party right now?" You asked. Don looked like he was genuinely considering the possibility while Jenna glared and scoffed.

"I'm not sure that's how tripping really hard works. Why would anyone do hallucinogens if they just brought you to an empty room with no escape?"

"I don't know," Don offered. "I think the tripping theory is a good one. Or maybe, we were drugged and brought here."

"What, like kidnapped?" You asked. Don shrugged.

"I don't see why not."

A knot in your stomach was really starting to make you feel sick. You tried to ignore the feeling, nothing will change by being nervous, (y/n)! focus!

Just as the three of you were beginning to be nervous about the situation, the wall in front of you came down. The three of you watched in a trance as the other side of the wall revealed another man around your age (you assumed). He had white hair that framed his face and calming hazel eyes. The fact that he seemed calm made you calm. When the wall was completely lowered, He walked closer to the three of you.

"Sorry for the hold up," he laughed. "I'm usually not late to these sorts of things. I'm sure you're all a bit nervous, So I'll let you ask some questions and then I'll give you a basic run down of what's going on.

"Are we on drugs?" You blurted out. He laughed at you.

"No, you are all sober." He glanced at Don, "Mostly. "

Jenna took the next question, "Wouldn't it be easier for you to give us the 'basic run down' and then we ask questions?"

The man shrugged, "Maybe."

"What's your name?" Don requested.

"Quince!" he smiled. "I already know you guys, though. Have you introduced yourselves to each other?" You nodded in reply.

"Yes, we have," Jenna also replied. "Where are we?"

Quince pouted, "You ask such boring questions. I suppose that would come up eventually, though. Welcome to 'The House'!"

"'The House?' Are you serious?" You questioned.

"Very serious," Quince nodded. "The higherups couldn't think of a better name. Not very creative though! I agree with you on that."

"Higherups of what?" Jenna interrogated.

Quince's eyes brightened up at the question and a grin stretched across his face, "Why Jenna, you mean you haven't figured it out yet? The higherups of Hell."