Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Song: Goodnight Moon- Go Radio

Luke

I was laying still with my head in Andy's lap. She was running her hands through my hair, making my head throb a little less. We had been in this position for a while since my attack. I have no fucking clue how Andy stopped it, I know that her kissing me had something to do with it. But when her lips touched mine, it was like my entire body had relaxed.

She had some kind of control over me that I found intoxicating. Just her touch calmed me down, and we all know what a kiss from her can do. My arms were wrapped around her legs, like I was holding her, telling her not to go. I know she's not going to leave soon but it was just a source of protection because she saved me and I didn't want anyone to hurt her.

I was almost drifting to sleep, my muscles were sore from the attack and I was just tired in general. I didn't want to go back out and face my douchebag brother. Jack had no right to say what he said and I don't know why he was getting to upset with Andy and Austin.  He attacked them for no reason, saying how they didn't belong here. Even though I felt the opposite, if they weren't here, I wouldn't be either. In more ways than one.

I was upset with Jack and I was upset with myself. I didn't say anything until he started attacking Andy. I should have said something earlier but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I don't know why, maybe it was the shock of not seeing my brothers for years. But I knew I had to say something and tell them the actual reason I was upset they left.

They left right when things got really bad for me. It was around 4 months after the accident and I was then totally depressed. I didn't know what to do with my life and it was just so damn hard. I felt the guilt every single day and it was eating at me. The only way to stop the pain was alcohol, and hell it was the only thing I drank.

My brothers had been trying to help me, and were doing their best to put up with me. But then one day, they just left. They went back doing what ever they were doing before I messed up. I didn't mind the part of where they went back to their lives, but it hurt me when they didn't even say goodbye. They never called me or anything, they just pretended that I didn't exsist. But most of the people in my life back then were doing the same thing, so I guess I shouldn't be that upset.

"How long have you been having them?" Andy's soft voice breaks me out of my thoughts. I turn my head so I can see her face, I felt a lot better than I did. I look up at her warm hazel eyes and get lost in them.

"Since the accident." I reply quietly to her. I knew she would understand. I also knew she wouldn't question me anymore, because she knew my limits. It was like she could read my mind. Sometimes I feel like she could.

I intertwine our fingers again, and give her hand a small kiss. We stayed like that for a while, laying on the ground of my bedroom. I don't even know how much time passes, but then Andy talks again, "I think we should probably go out there yeah?"

I wrap my arms around her waist, holding her tight, "I don't want to." I say.

She laughs a little, "C'mon Luke, we can leave right away, we just need to say goodbye." She was right, they were probably worried about what happened. Not that I cared that they cared, I just wanted to leave. I wanted to go home (Andy's apartment) and forget about whatever the hell happened.

"Fine, only for you." I say and stand up slowly, the blood rushed to my head, making it throb a little more. I groan and grabbed my head. "Let's get this over with," I say and walk out of the room, Andy being right behind me.

We walk into the dinner room, Jack, Ben and my mom were sitting at the table having a reserved conversation. "Where's Austin?" I ask as I get out there, noticing that he was no longer here.