Silver Lining

I'm a train about to crash
But you take me as I am
Through it all I know the sun will rise again
You are my silver lining

Sean and Kaycee ran out the stage hand in hand with the thundering applause from the audience still ringing in their ears. They had just finished their performance in the World Choreography Awards. They were not up for any awards, but at 19 and 18, they were the youngest performers that day.

Their duet to Silver Lining received recognition left and right after being uploaded as a concept video five months ago. It was special for Sean and Kaycee because it was the first public duet that they choreographed together.

As they headed backstage, they were bombarded by hugs and cheers by the other dancers who shared the stage with them.

"Congratulations!"

"We did it!"

"Thank you, Sean and Kaycee!"

The pair smiled at each other before calling everyone into a group hug, thanking them for their participation.

"Together, we made this routine magic and we made everyone in that room believe. Thank you, guys!" said Sean before everyone erupted to cheers.

Sean then pulled Kaycee further backstage and into their dressing room. Kaycee had only just closed the door before Sean engulfed her in a hug.

"Kaycee, I...we..." Sean couldn't even continue his sentence, burying his face into the crook of Kaycee's neck. He felt too much all at once, but mostly gratitude for the girl in front of him.

Kaycee's soft laughter and tight arms around him made him pull back and look at her face."We did it, Sean!"

Sean couldn't believe it. Here they were, dancing together as they always did, but this time sharing a stage they could only dream of as kids. Most importantly, they told a story that was truly theirs.

Sean looked at Kaycee intently, a soft smile on his face. Her hair was down in soft waves, framing her face. The only makeup she had on was some mascara and a sheen of gloss on her lips, making her eyes and lips pop.

Beautiful, Sean thought. Those thoughts have been naturally occupying his mind this past couple of months, and he realized that he didn't want to stop them.

"Thank you, Kaycee...thank you for trusting me," Sean said, his voice dropping into a soft murmur.

Sean sighed, his mind playing a slideshow of all the milestones of their friendship. From their competition days to being in immaBEAST, and experiencing fallen friendships, heartbreaks and World of Dance, they have gone through everything together.

And now there was this, arguably their biggest achievement to date.

He may have held her when people made fun of her costume at Showstopper and after Gabe abruptly ended their partnership, but she had become his anchor too. He recalled her stroking his hair as he cried on her lap after his grandmother's death and her support in every step of his physical therapy when he broke his arm during a rehearsal.

Kaycee Rice was everything, and Sean Lew needed her.

Kaycee brushed the hair that fell to his face and kept her hand on his cheek, bringing Sean back to the present. "I trust you more than anything. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else."

They had never talked about what they were, but Sean often felt like they didn't need to. They both understood that they were much more than just friends. But lately, it has been harder for Sean to not find excuses to touch her or to not think that she's adorable when she's rambling about her day.